Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

Monday/Tuesday Rides in Scranton Wilkes-Barre

I'll be in the Scranton Wilkes-Barre area for the next couple of weeks, but only on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday.

Anyone have group rides on Monday nights anywhere nearby?

So far I've got:

Quote Originally Posted by jonz View Post
    In Archibald you're just a few miles from Moosic Mountain. You're also very close to Merli Sarnoski. And Prompton. All of these trail systems are absolutely top-notch technical single rack.
    Moosic Trails Parking
    Merli Trails Parking
    Prompton Trails Parking

- Ride Prompton CCW, starting at the boat launch or the dam. This is a big ride because there's a huge lake in the middle. Trails are pretty easy to follow. Of the three trail systems, this is probably my favorite.
    - Ride Merli CW, hitting all of the blue trail spurs, which are the best. You'll probably get screwed up at the new horse barn, and a few more times. That map is REALLY old.
    - Ride Moosic however you want - lots of options.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It's not Monday but on Wednesdays there is a group ride at Moon Lake Park. Ride forms outside the main gate and usually leaves around 6:15. Mostly singletrack with plenty of rocks, roots, and obstacles thrown in. Just google Moon Lake for directions.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Tuesday they ride Frances Slocum at 6

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Where is parking or meeting place for Frances Slocum? Any MTB specific maps?

I rode up at Moosic last night, if only briefly, and really liked what I saw. Completely different type of trail from what I accustomed to riding down in south eastern PA.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Parking for the FS ride is on "Carverton road" at the pumping station gas line area. If you Google it follow it till you see the gas line crossing Carverton Road... Please note there are roughly 5 miles of mt biking trails on that side of the park, and other trails there not open to mt biking. All other trails in the park are not open to mt biking. They do patrol, so beware of that fact. Moon Lake is a better choice on Wednesday nights.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Where is parking or meeting place for Frances Slocum? Any MTB specific maps?
    Google Map Linky

Moosic is a lot of fun, agreed.