mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Mocanaqua Loop? NEPA

Anybody know what this is? I drove through Mocanaqua the other day and saw the sign for the "Mocanaqua Loop". The sign says its a technical trail. Anybody know what this is? Hiking trail?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    From what I understand, it's pretty much a hiking trail. Although there's no resriction on bikes (I think they even let ATV's on some trails). We rode from Nanticoke and found ourselves at the bottom and decided to take the Mocanaqua trail back. The route we took had many sections that were tough to climb on foot (let alone pushing a bike). What we saw was a lot of fire roads and not much singletrack; therefore, we have not gone back. We thought it would make a fun shuttle run, but have yet to try it.

Check out this link:

http://www.earthconservancy.org/proj...amenities.html

There's a link there to see the map of all the trails. Let me know if you go and if there's anything worth riding (since we were there)

mtbr member

I have scouted it out....but

haven't returned due to so much riding in Mountain Top and White Haven. Hiked the Mocanaqua Loop twice. Though there is some carrying of the bike during the first part of the trail(very Steep!), once at the top there are a series of 5 loops. Each loop is a bit longer but end at the same spot, very near where you started. Mt Biking is allowed. Will come back at some point and ride it. It is more double track than single track.