pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Mini DH stunts @ Pennypark

So me and 2 other friends went riding at pennypack today. A bit wet, but really fun. Gotta love shorts and short sleeves in febuary!

Anyways, we came across this sick bridge thing. Who built it? Are there any more around?

(yours truly)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That's the only one I've come across in Pennypack. The trails behind Neshaminy High School have features like the bridge in the picture.

Road Bike Review Member
    I live 1/2 mile from the park and ride there all of the time. Thats the only ramp like that, but there are a lot of cool, tight singletrack trails if you know where to look for them. Check out the back of Lorimer Park across Pine Road. Cross the wooden bridge and explore. Theres a bunch of steep, fun stuff. I do a 20 mile ride and dont hit the same trail twice.
    Air Nine One Nine, and a few Cannondale....rip Salsa
    ...work is something I'm forced to do between riding and fishing

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenfish39
    I live 1/2 mile from the park and ride there all of the time. Thats the only ramp like that, but there are a lot of cool, tight singletrack trails if you know where to look for them. Check out the back of Lorimer Park across Pine Road. Cross the wooden bridge and explore. Theres a bunch of steep, fun stuff. I do a 20 mile ride and dont hit the same trail twice.

Yeah, some epic single track behind some houses. Only bad thing is, its hard to remember where you have and havent been!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    NICE HELMET DUDE... wait till the first time you lose it on one of those sick things... about the time you remember your name again and can walk without a cane your years of excellant riding will be over!!! Just a thought...

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Atleast Im wearing one. Besides, Im too poor to have a full face.

And I dont think that you will die when you fall from maybe 2'.

Helmet natzi!
    Last edited by pro; 02-20-2008 at 08:03 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    Atleast Im wearing one. Besides, Im too poor to have a full face.

And I dont think that you will die when you fall from maybe 2'.
    i'm pretty sure he's referring to your boy WITHOUT the helmet.

oh, and yes - a fall from your bike while nearly stationary can kill you.
    case-in-point: my uncle at bike week in daytona a few years ago. stopped at a red light, started rolling forward and his ankle gave out and he went over...no helmet.

he was in a coma for nearly 3 weeks - and the doctors (you know, people with extensive medical background) said that the fall nearly killed him. he was extremely lucky to walk away without any long-term damage.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I lost it on a flook mistake over a water bar (3 inches) after seeing my eyelid flap over top of my eye I went and had 15 stitches put in my face to put me back together... It knocked me out and nearly broke my forearm... flook accident on a lame group ride... **** HAPPENS!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Wow, this forum screens your posts for swear words... I thought we lived in America... Freedom of speech!!! Oh and one more thing... That tree is rideable without the bridge... No need to build it up...

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Yeah, I just realized that. ha ha

But seriously, Im sure that 150lb bike feel on your uncles ankle.
    Last edited by pro; 02-20-2008 at 08:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thats how we kids roll today! )
    You're cool! ....................

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Wow dude. Chill

I just posed a simple question, and I got attacked by a Helmet Natzi

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FNG
    I thought we lived in America... Freedom of speech!!!
    We do. But this is a privately owned forum. So they can censor it however they feel. The beauty of private enterprise!

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    I just posed a simple question, and I got attacked by a Helmet Natzi
    It's NAZI.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    It's NAZI.

I needed that laugh

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    not a Nazi... just tryin to give ya a few more years of riding... I'm all about goin big and riding crazy SH#$ just using your head in the process... Unfortunately in the world of mtn biking there is always the bigger picture that whether you like it or not and I usually don't you have to think before you act... For instance... You have a freak accident and lose it and tear open your head and an ambulance is called... Now there's a big huff, the landowner sees what is going on and Voila, no more stunts, no more trails, no more fun because you were too tough to put on the skid lid... It sounds like a long shot until you ask around and find out how many times it has already happened... Trust me, I'd be the first one to ride that stuff with ya and have a blast doin it... Ride on brotha, just use your head...
    Last edited by 1FNG; 02-22-2008 at 10:09 AM.

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Yeah its cool. He actually wore his helmet all the way to the run up. When he started to go for it, he took it off. Not sure why...