Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006

Michaux for XC ?

Have heard some good things about Michaux and need some info before driving 2 1/2 hrs. How are the trails ? tech ?

I want to head out for the Michaux race series too. The 1 big loop setup sounds awesome. How much of the course is singletrack ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It's worth a four hour drive if you know where you are going. Get a good map. Course maps are good to start with, but so many other trails that you will see along the way. Lots of singletrack, lots of trails, lots of techy rocky stuff, lots of fun. If I lived any closer, my life would change because I would be there so much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Many people regard Michaux as some of the best riding on the East Coast. It is right up there with Harrisonburg, Western NC and the Kingdom Trails. There are hundreds of miles of trails, but if you just show up w/o knowing where to go you might hate it. I'd go do the race to get familiar with the area and meet some of the locals, then go back with a bit of experience.

Brian, you from Philly? I went to school at Dickinson, so I spent 2-3 days a week in Michaux for four years.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Darn

I was going to do this race, but it's the same day as the Campmor H2H XC race in Waywayanda NJ. And it's also the same darn day as the Duryea Downhill, which is a Nationals qualifier. AArruuughhh.
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

mtbr member

Join a group ride

If you don't mind getting up a bit early, Mountain Bikers of Michaux does a group ride every Sunday at 9am. We also usually have a Thursday evening ride that starts from near Penn State Mont Alto. We're working on getting our blog up to date with rides at http://the-skinny-on-mbm.blogspot.com/ .

Morgan Styer
    MBM VP

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I was there back in the mid nineties for a race. It was some of the best riding I've ever done. Good singletrack with lots of rocks to bounce off of and some great downhill stuff. Oh yeah great climbing to. Nothing like it down here in Ga. Good eats down in Chamberburg. The shop in Gettysburg I think it's called Gettysburg Cycling would be a good source also. My own opinion.