Thread: Michaux Trails

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Michaux Trails

I'm heading to Michaux State Forest in a few weeks to ride for a couple of days I was wondering if anyone had any trails to recommend. Also anyone know where I could pick up a trail map for the area?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005
    Maps are non-existent. Best to find some local knowledge of Michaux - MBM is a good place to start.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Going to be at the Hermitage Cabin for a few days any trails in that area, I prefer to ride technical rock garden like trails but will ride anything.

HopHeads, Unite!
    Two trail systems are mapped. The ATV system and the Flat Rock Multi-use system. That being said, local knowledge will help you greatly as these are the tip of the iceberg.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

HopHeads, Unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbiker1200
    Going to be at the Hermitage Cabin for a few days any trails in that area, I prefer to ride technical rock garden like trails but will ride anything.
    you definitely need local knowledge for that area.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

she keep you buying rats
    Not tryin' to hijack the thread... but just to ask additional Michaux question.

What specific hunting season(s) are currently running? I'm about 45 minutes south in WV and we are in the middle of deer shotgun week (daytime rides are not too smart this week, peak gun action of the year). Is Michaux the same? A little safer?

I'd like to do a nice long ride up there of Friday and/or Saturday.

(Hi Lugboot, I rode along with you, Datalogger and JDel about a year ago at Big Flat)

banned
    Thank You. I was beginning to believe there was no hope for this forum. Looks like its normal after all.

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005
    PA rifle season comes in on Monday, November 30th.

mtbr member
    I would be glad to show you the trails I know in Northern Michaux. PM me before you make the trip if your interested.

banned
    Sounds good. Won't be until after the holidays though. Or were you talking to Weakmite? Heard great things from others and would love to see the place. Drop me a line.

mtbr member
    I was talking to cbiker1200, but would be glad to show you (nepatroll) some trails .

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'd definitely be interested in a tour I'll be out there dec 17-20 I'll send you a pm before I leave.