mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Michaux/Teaberry race anyone?

Just wondering who on here will be there sunday. so far it looks like its going to be a great day in the mid 80's but the course will be wet with rain fri into sat. we pre rode it monday and there was a section that was a swamp. should make things interesting. if you are racing good luck-

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

My first Teaberry

I'll be there. I tried the 50 miler in May, but opted for 25 miles after my third flat. How does the Teaberry course compare to the one in May (forget the name)? On the racemichaux website, people are saying it is less rocky. What do you think?

I've done the Rattling Creek 50 miler and the Stoopid 50 in about 7 hours; what type of time can I expect for the Terror of Teaberry?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    teaberry is the easiest of the 3 imo and definatly less rocky. its also my favorite corse out of the 3.
    this is a link to the results for last years times on the teabery corse
    http://gettysburgbmx.com/michaux/?page_id=7

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    How was the racing?
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i heard it was pretty good. i dont know because i bent my chainring 2 miles in......

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Datalogger
    How was the racing?
    It was pretty sweet. I did the 12 miler and finished somewhere mid-pack in VET and 35 of 69 overall. I'd say it was less technical than the last 2 races, but it seemed the most technical section was the last mile - loose dirt, rocks, and slightly uphill. I realized too late that I should have made some passes with 3 miles left or so. I was saving it up for a fast last mile, but the terrain thwarted me. I didn't get passed either, so I think it slowed most riders a bit. (or maybe I was just tired)

Congrats to everyone, especially you 25 and 50 mile gluttons for punishment.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Brutal

I signed up for the 50 miler. I started slow, because I was concerned about bonking. I stopped to help a guy with a flat when the sweep motorcycle stopped. The sweeper said " you guys can do the 50 or the 25 course." I replied, "I signed up for the 50 miler." I get to the 12 mile check point in about 2 hours. "Not bad" I'm thinking to myself. I wasn't pushing too hard and I stopped to help someone. I can pick up the pace a little bit. I see the sweeper again ( he now knows my name). He says, "are you thinking about doing the 25 miler?" "No, I really want to do the 50." About an hour later, I see the sweeper again, he says, "you may want to do the 25". "I'd really like to do the 50", I reply. There was a real technical section before the split, and I had to walk a good bit of it. It's around the 3.5 hour mark and I'm getting tired and fustrated. I get to the split and the sweeper is there waiting for me with the 50 mile sign removed. He says, "you're going to have to do the 25 miler." By this point I'm okay with that decision, so I try to pick up the pace and finish the 25. I ended up finishing the 25 in about 4.5 hours.

Michaux is definitely, without a doubt, the most technical, challenging race I have ever done. While I'm disappointed I couldn't do 50 ( I completed the Stoopid 50 and a 50 miler at Rattling Creek with relative ease), I feel a sense of accomplishment for completing the 25 miles.

I'm just not ready to do 50 miles at that place. I'll go back to do the 25 miler, but I'm out of my league for the 50. Those racers are hard core. And to think the winner of the 50, probably came in around 4 hours

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lampeterbiker
    And to think the winner of the 50, probably came in around 4 hours
    Closer to 5, I think. I was at the finish for a while around 1:45 and I don't think any 50's had come in yet(I could be wrong). It must have been tough! Good job on the 25. After the short race I felt like I was beat with a sock full of rocks.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Need Help, is this the race Saturday that the USMMA kids would have raced? My son races for the US Merchant Marines and I know he raced in PA this weekend but thats it I've not heard from him all weekend so I'm trying to find some results. Thanks for your help

DCM
    Sep 2008
    The riders who finished the 50 or 25 milers in less than 6 or 3.5 hours are not of human origin.. the 2008 25 miler was pretty tough..

The White Jeff W
    Is there a map of the race course anywhere? I missed the race but was thinking about riding it this weekend just to see what kind of time I coulda run.
    No moss...

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    Is there a map of the race course anywhere? I missed the race but was thinking about riding it this weekend just to see what kind of time I coulda run.
    http://www,racemichaux.com

Look under MAPS

The White Jeff W
    Thanks Zippo! Clockwise or counter?
    No moss...

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    Thanks Zippo! Clockwise or counter?
    Not sure. You go about 1/2 mile down the fire road that's connected to the Teaberry lot, hang a right, and that's where we started.

The White Jeff W
    Went up there and rode the course today. Had a pretty good run going but lost the trail at the Newman Road crossing a couple miles past the Carbaugh reservoir. I was at 1 hr 25 min at that point and had lost about 8-10 minutes staring at the map every time I crossed a road. Made a couple wrong turns & had to back track a couple times so I'm pretty sure my time woulda been in the top 10 range. Had a great time, loved the single track parts.
    When I lost the trail I ended up riding Newman Road to Cold Springs back to the parking lot.

After that I went up 233 to the ATV trails & rode a couple more hours there. Found several miles of sweet single track on the northern side of 233 that was part of the motor cycle race a couple weeks ago. Had a blast there then crossed the road and beat the snot outa my bike on the ATV trails. Awesome weather today.
    No moss...