Thread: michaux rides?

mtbr member

michaux rides?

writing to see if anyone regularly rides the trails at michaux state forest? i have been trying to go about once a week but have only managed about 7-8 rides in the last 3 months b/c turkey season scared me off. i typically end up riding by myself b/c since i moved to mechanicsburg none of the people i rode with in york want to drive that far on a regular basis. was wondering if anyone wanted to ride there sometime who doesn't mind showing me some of the better trails the park has to offer or if anyone had any good drop in points. i generally stick to the race loops with my favorite being curse of dark hollow loop starting at big flat lot and i generally shoot for 15-20 mile ride.

i am an intermediate rider getting back into mtn biking over the past year after 2 year hiatus (d@mn grad school!!) so that will probably eliminate some of the gnarlier trails for a little while yet (i.e. grave ridge).
    The wheel of Ka turns and the World moves on.

mtbr member
    Sorry, I live near philly now but I used to go to school at Shippensburg. I cut a lot of class to ride out there and miss it bad.

As far as gnarlier trails go, add them into your loops, you'll never get better if you don't push it, just walk if you don't feel comfortable with a section.

The race loops generally include most of the good stuff out there.

A personal favorite of mine used to rattle snake ridge, but last time I was out there, they had clearcut the lower portions and the trails was in pretty bad shape, if you could find it.

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005
    Mountain Bikers of Michaux (MBM) rides weekly in Michaux. Various skill levels. Thursday night rides at 5pm from Mont Alto. Sunday morning rides at 9am from different location each week (Caledonia, Mont Alto, Big Flat, Pine Grove Furnace, Old Forge, etc.) If you need more info let me know. New riders are always welcome.

mtbr member
    thursday night rides are probably out but should be able to make occasional sunday ride. if you could let me know a contact regarding where rides will be that would be great.
    The wheel of Ka turns and the World moves on.