I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006

Michaux Race Sunday

So, how rocky is the 10 mile race on Sunday? Should I start deflating my tires now for traction on the wet rocks? Will I be courting death riding there with my hardtail? Either way, I hope the rain holds off.

Never rode the trails there, so just wondering.....

FasCat Coaching
    I'm riding my superfly, I rode their last year on the paragon. I'm expecting a wet, tough course. I'm running tubeless, but not sure which tires I'm running (brining 2 wheelsets) Gonna be fun
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocketjockey9
    I'm riding my superfly, I rode their last year on the paragon. I'm expecting a wet, tough course. I'm running tubeless, but not sure which tires I'm running (brining 2 wheelsets) Gonna be fun
    Well, I just recently went tubeless, and it seems just in time.

FasCat Coaching
    Expect this!

Here is a video I made from there last year, not sure if this is the course, but definitely the terrain
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists

mtbr member
    Nice video! Mmmmm, Michaux rocks. I love 'em! Lots of people ride the beginner race on hardtails, so you should be fine. Most people that have advanced to the longer distances at Michaux opt for full suspension for the energy savings it offers. I'll be helping out at the race this year, but I'm not sure where yet. If the weather forecast is accurate I'll be sporting an orange rain jacket. My red Yeti Kokopelli won't be far away either. Say "hi" if you see me.

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006

Ouch

Well, I managed to finish, badly. Within the first 2 miles, on a downhill, I hit a downed tree limb partially covered by leaves. It was at just the right angle to turn my wheel to the side and send me over the bars, Superman style. It's amazing that I didn't break something. After that I was pretty much too psyched out to stay on the bike for anything remotely difficult. Then my legs turned to lead. I'm not sure if it was psychological or over training.

Anyway, my right side is sore from the impact, and the rest of me is sore from the race, so it's time for a break from the bike to get right again. Then I need to learn how to ride rocks better.