Thread: Merli Trailwork

mtbr member

Merli Trailwork

Last weekend on a spontaneous burst of energy, me and Geist decided to go do some more work at Merli. Squeeze Play is now DONE!!! W/ the exception of a downed tree that needs to be cut out. PLEASE DON'T FORM A GO AROUND!!! Just walk over or around until I can get this taken care of.
    The Orange trail was done to Handlebar and Handlebar was completed!!! The Orange that runs to the lake will not be maintained this year. It might be re-routed a little in the next year. If you want to ride it, go ahead. I'd like to set up a WORK DAY for this Saturday. If you're interested send me an email to aceman132@msn.com thanks, Fahn

Incredulous bastard
    Yep, I noticed that tree and went over it.

The orange trail what runs down to the lake (the one that goes through the tree) is part of our normal loop and we've been riding it each time we come down. It's fine and rideable, if a little confusing and stick-strewn.

But the big surprise for us was HR280. I was able to put the whole loop together last fall, but last week when we started heading back up, we lost the trail altogether. It got confusing some little ways after the main trail hooks back up with the Weenie Shortcut. We ended up following some newish looking markers that took us to an old logging road. The road eventually led us up to ChainRing Rock, so at least we got back on track. But not being able to follow the old HR280 trail back up was disappointing.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

[SIZE="2"]Larry:

I'm in!
    Do you need my Chainsawing services? What time? Where to meet? and What to bring?

Thanks for doing all you do, Larry!

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Wizard of the Trail
    Larry, as you know, I am in for saturday. I will see who I can get to join us as well. Lee, we definitely need a chainsaw for that downed tree. Its pretty massive and laying on the rock face about 5 foot above the trail. Whether Larry wants you to bring a chainsaw is up to him since he is leading the work day. Also, if there is anything you need, just let me know. TTYL,
    Randy
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    10 am at the parking lot by the lake. Lee, if you have a Chain saw, please bring it. HR 280 is a hard trail to maintain because nobody rides it as much as the "Normal ones". I did some maintenance last year, but it grows back in pretty quick. I'm trying to keep the big loops clean that the majority rides. That's why we didn't clean the Orange part by the lake either... That and we need to do a little re-route.

My intent for this coming weekend will be to take care of My Brothers Trail and Fox Rocks and the climb after the lake out to the logging road. I know that sounds like a tremendous amount of work and we can only get done what time will allow. But I think if we go into 2 groups, then it should only take 3-4 hours. If you can only make it fo a little bit, that's fine. Any help is appreciated. After we can test out our work and hop in the lake for a cool down if we want.
    Lee, (if you're coming) can you bring a chain saw? That would be great.
    Anyone else coming please bring Leaf rakes, gloves, and loppers. We'll meet at the parking lot by the lake and figure out how many of us are there and we might split into 2 groups (depending on how may are there). Thanks for all your help guys and gals, Fahn

New question here.

[SIZE="2"]Larry:

Can we get a count of who all is showing up on Sat?

1. Larry F.
    2. Randy G.
    3. Lee C.
    4. Laura C.
    5. Scott C.

Anyone else?[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Proformance Cycle; 07-18-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Scott and Laura will be up. I'll send an email to Hubbard to see who we can get. Fahn

mtbr member
    I'm in for Saturday.

Larry, are we still doing some modifications to Hubbard tomorrow? What bike are you bringing? Bike choice will most likely dictate what kind of work gets done.

Jay R.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    Scott and Laura will be up. I'll send an email to Hubbard to see who we can get. Fahn
    [SIZE="2"]My above post edited to include Scott & Laura
    [/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    We're going to have a little cook out too!
    Lee- grill, chain saw
    1-9- ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, onions...
    Fahn- hamburgers, hot dogs, kelbasi
    Geist- If you can bring soda and some chips that would be great. I'll call you tonight BTW.

I know Laura and Scott are coming and John and Josh might be up too. They're going to help out but have to leave by a certain time. I'm not sure if you guys are able to stay and enjoy the ride and food afterwards (of course we want you to), but hopefuly we all enjoy the trailwork that we can acomplish tomorrow.

ttyl, Fahn

Wizard of the Trail
    Ok, I picked up 3 bags of chips and 3 2 litre bottles of soda pop. Are you ready for some TRAIL WORK BABY?

Quote Originally Posted by Geist262
    Ok, I picked up 3 bags of chips and 3 2 litre bottles of soda pop. Are you ready for some TRAIL WORK BABY?

[SIZE="6"]NO [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"] I'm Ready to EAT![/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]LOL[/SIZE]

proformance58@cs.com

Wizard of the Trail
    Obviously you never did any trail work with Master Fahn. Lee, he carries a cattle prod, and yes, he uses it!!

mtbr member
    ....... Hmmmm. I'm not even going there.... Fahn Post 400!!!