Thread: Merli Status??

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Merli Status??

I was planning to head to Merli this weekend. The last time I was up that way (early spring) the bridge was out and a sign said the park was closed.

Can anyone help me with the current status?

Thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    It's open and in awesome condition. Click on my signatures for some more info. ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Larry!

Thanks man. That makes me feel a whole lot better about the drive.
    Realize it's late, but can you tell me anything about that new section? Even just from what loop it branches off from and where it returns.

Thx!

mtbr member
    After the long climb from the lake you'll do the DH to the logging section. Make a left on the logging road and follow it up until you see the ST on the right. It's some of the old and some new stuff. You'll eventually end up back on the old trail by Porcupine trail. Once you're out of this section you'll hit the logging road again. There's a tree on the ground with an arrow on it pointing left. Make the left and take the down hill to the bottom and then hang a right. You'll be back by the lake at this point. Have fun and tell us what you think. ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thanks again!

Great ride on the perfect day. I think we found a portion of the new loop with some remnants of the old! Great stuff like you guys always lay out!

Met a guy with a group of three who was with Hubbard as we entered the singletrack. Next time VMB comes up for a Thursday night ride I'm gonna' do my best to tag along!

See ya' on the trail,
    Doug