Thread: Merli-Q?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Merli-Q?

Going to check it out next weekend and was wondering if I should bring the SS 29er or the squishy 26'er? Im pretty comfortable on the SS around the Lehigh Valley trails (can clean about 95% of the terrain and climbs here) but wanted some local insight. Thanks!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    dankilling:

Lot's of fun rocks and some great tech climbs(My Brother's trail) Fantastic! I think whatever you choose you will have fun.

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    +1 for "My Brother's Trail" that is my favorite leg of the trail system at Merli.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tturbotom
    +1 for "My Brother's Trail" that is my favorite leg of the trail system at Merli.
    TT:

You like it better than say: The White Haven Miles of Ballast Ride or the Lofty Tunnel experience?

-- LOL

Just kidding
    Merli "ROCKS" Literally

mtbr member
    Go for the squishy. Rock gardens gallore. Then again I was thinking the 29" would help on Blade. Have fun but only go if it's dry. Nasty slippery when wet.

mtbr member
    I'm back!

Do all the side loops with the exception of HR 280. Merli is flowy in some section but mainly tech stuff. I hope you like the climb/decent type of riding cause that's mostly what Merli is. Pick up a map at the office. Of course this is Lackawanna county, so no one will be working, but someone will be getting paid. Have fun and let us know what you think. ttyl, Fahn