Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gravity's Gone

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............

..........Great time today getting our butts kicked all over the mountain by the guys (and gal) from the northeast, A very special thanks to our most gracious host for a good time, good soup and good beer. And a very special thanx to Ted for the electrolytes and the toilet paper, both when i needed them most. By the way Ted, Bob says we should call you Inspector Gadget. In one ride I saw you produce the following itemsfrom your pack::

Cliff Bars, gels and various other snacks
    toilet paper
    duct tape
    a can of Red Bull
    an extra set of gloves (I didn't see them, but you told me they were in there)
    electrolyte tablets
    a flask of adult beverages

And I'm sure you have all the required tools, pumps, tubes, etc.
    You were a Boy Scout weren't you?

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_0872.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_0892.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_0901.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_0908.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_0913.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_0976.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_0981.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_1167.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100_1170.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b0920.jpg

Gravity's Gone
    Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b0921.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b0922.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b0940.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b1000.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b1012.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b1021.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b1022.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b1031.jpg

Meeting of the Minds Part II..............-100b1112.jpg

ride more
    Mar 2007
    dude, they rode us right into the ground......
    Thanks everyone I had a great day.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Great ride!

Woke up this morning thinking well, I'll take a quick ride to Crystal Lake, go home a paint all day... Ran into this great group of folks gathering at the top of my neighborhood who invited me to tag along. Probably should have asked where you were going first! Cramping legs, old bike and all, I made it... Friendliest group of people I've met riding these woods. Thanks for letting me ride caboose!

Mike

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mttopmike
    Woke up this morning thinking well, I'll take a quick ride to Crystal Lake, go home a paint all day... Ran into this great group of folks gathering at the top of my neighborhood who invited me to tag along. Probably should have asked where you were going first! Cramping legs, old bike and all, I made it... Friendliest group of people I've met riding these woods. Thanks for letting me ride caboose!

Mike
    you did really well, wasn't so much a quick ride tho, more of a hell ride. haha. Nice to meet ya.

mtbr member

Another amazing day in late November...

The boys from the south cranked out a great ride today....and 2 of you riding FreeRide machines....of course the Bear always brings his FreeRide as well as lots of spare gear which came in handy today ....... Wyatt you gotta convince Nanker and Bob to leave the "Perps" home and break out the "Prophets".

Glad you all made it up our way....thanks for making the drive and keeping the conversation interesting. Always good to ride and laugh it up with a new crew. Nanker....really appreciate you carrying the camera and taking the pics...as well as posting them up...it takes alot of effort...thankyou.

mttopmike- the ride definitely made an impression on you....noticed your post above was your first on MTBR.com.......your welcome to join us anytime. Who knows SantaCruz60 may view this thread and make his first post too! ".
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    For the record Nank, I was thrown out of boy scouts. Something about "asking the wrong questions" or some such drivel.

I will admit to military service, served honorably though, and as a former Sergeant I just can't stand the thought of leaving someone behind.

Oh, and I abhor having to walk out of a ride.

I'm just glad we all made it back safely. Considering where a bunch of people ended up There Could Have Been Tears.

And yeah, I do tend to carry stuff. But I haven't brought out my *big* pack yet ... heh heh.

Great pixels, btw. I've got so little to add to that ... it'll help explain why you're so tired now ...

click image for big version, should you like more clarity

Did you ever have ham?

Meeting of the Minds

Looked like a really fun ride! I would really love to be able to ride with you guys, but I am just not there yet and sometimes patience is not my strong suit!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Gravity's Gone
    Mike - it was great to meet you. Glad you had fun.
    Jeff - no convincing needed. It's just that my prophet needs so much work - it'll be a few weeks, but it will be back. So until then it's ride the big bike or don't ride at all. And we all know that's a no - brainer. Thanx again, everyone. I had a great time.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Moto, just keep hitting the trails, it'll come. Look how far you *have* come, after all.

Did you ever have ham?

Meeting of the Minds

Thanks for the encouraging words, Bear! I owe such a debt of gratitude to everyone I ride with...especially you and Lee. You both have always been so helpeful. I am working on changing my way of looking at things...instead of beating myself up I am looking at how far I have come and it is amazing! Maybe I am not that great at riding, but at least I am out there working on it! Thanks, Bear!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Looks like I missed a good one. I'm game for Part III this Sunday, the weather looks great. Any takers?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    It's a safe bet I'll need a good ride this Sunday, where's Part III going to be?

In no particular order, I'd vote for Natalie, Burma, Delano, or Moosic

Gravity's Gone
    I'd love to show you guys the Natalie side of Roaring Creek. The other places might be too far for me this weekend as the wife's been giving me a crapstorm about riding all my sparetime away and not getting any of her holiday bs done. But let me know - if you guys wanna do something else I'm sure I could swing it somehow.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    gotta work.

mtbr member

Natalie.....

Natalie side of Roaring Creek could work for me.....ever since you guys passed along the maps.....i have wanted to check it out....and of couse I could stop by OneGuyBrewing on the way back! Let's see how the weather looks.....later this week.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Natalie?

Nanker - Natalie works for me, Jeff, Ted, Lee, et. al. hope you can make it, we can hit up the Old Forge Brewing Co.in "downtown" D-ville for a pint afterwards, and get your growler refilled. Then you can stop at OneGuyBrewing in Berwick and get another growler refill. Couldn't imagine a better day...
    Last edited by jonz; 12-03-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I'm in....

Riding with the "Mindless" is a journey as we humans think we think with our brains!

Jeff Jonz for Prez!

I did vote for Burma, but Jonz swung my vote and hey I'm from Wyoming Valley wadda I know?

NEPMTBA
    THE WORD FOR THE DAY IS "CRAPSTORM"
    LMAO

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by jonz187
    Nanker - Natalie works for me, Jeff, hope you can make it, we can hit up the Old Forge Brewing Co.in "downtown" D-ville for a pint afterwards, and get your growler refilled. Then you can stop at OneGuyBrewing in Berwick and get another growler refill. Couldn't imagine a better day...
    Jonezy, if I have off Saturday gonna do Geisinger mid morning with hickster. You're welcome to join us.

Gravity's Gone
    Crapstorm - trust me, Lee - that's the edited version!!

Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    Jonezy, if I have off Saturday gonna do Geisinger mid morning with hickster. You're welcome to join us.
    I should be good for it, keep me posted.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Somebody let me know what the Sunday deal is. I'm out Sat (have to go to MD for the day) and won't be back until late, but will for-sure check e-mail and stuff when I get home.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Somebody let me know what the Sunday deal is. I'm out Sat (have to go to MD for the day) and won't be back until late, but will for-sure check e-mail and stuff when I get home.
    bear:

What time should I meet you at your bear den?

Nanker;
    Where we meet'in, same place? If not email me location please:
    nepmtba@yahoo.com

Gravity's Gone
    PM sent

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast