mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! May 2010 Frances Slocum/WVMTBA Rides

I'm going to condense the groups monthly rides here, which includes the FS Tuesday night activities, Rail Trail Rides..and I'll see if the CDH/P-town group wants to drop a few in here as well. This seems to work much better, at least for us by not scattering stuff all over the forum here and makes it easier to find stuff. Also, we will continue to link our site thru here like we have in the past.

Ok, 'nuff official stuff. Fortunatly for us that monsoon that roared thru late yesterday afternoon missed the park by about a mile, so for the most part we had a dry ride save for the little bit of slop from the earlier storm.

Group shot...about 11 showed up here and then met with others on the "Extended Frances Slocum ride" which includes the Freidman Farm Trails about a mile outside the park boundary.

Yep...Chiffer still at it on his Unicycle..actually getting quite good at it! Made this drop and bridge!

Rest of the pics here:
    http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?t=529

Check 'em out!

www.wvmtba.com
    An IMBA affiliated Group
    http://www.imba.com/
    Facebook.com/Plains Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Probably one of the more zanier rides around here is the CDH/P-Town "Theme Night" rides held once a month.

The CDH is held every Friday in Plymouth Township, but once a month they have a "theme night" ride. Last month was "Cops & Robbers"..this was Super hero's & Villans month.

A lot of fun, and we can't forget about the Mountain Bike Weekend coming up in July. More on that as the time approaches.

This past weekend's ride:

More at this link:
    http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?t=535

mtbr member
    Well, at least I don't have to spend hours doing pics this week as I only took 2. Because of the rain I decided to leave the camera in the Jeep....good decision it seems because as soon as we started the ride the rain started getting heavier & heavier.

I thought for sure we were all gonna end up at the Checkerboard early this week but, regardless of the rain we decided to ride. Glad we did as I had a chance to run with Stine's group after taking the slow boat the past few weeks with the beginners. Showing up were your's truly here, Stine, Dave & Amy, Leah & Gary, Rich, Larry and new guy Phil.

Two groups, Intermediate of me, Stine, Larry & Leah..and the Hammerheads of Dave & Amy, Gary, Rich and Phil. Our group was headed for a two lap tour until Larry had his weekly flat at the beginning of lap two, so we just cut out Blindside & False Flat second time around and cut across the nice wet high grass farm field (Thanks Stine) However we got to do Roman road..nice job Larry, twice and Happy pants a total of 3 times plus Granny's on the downhill, and then finished up on BLT, downhill, which was interesting because now it was real wet and things were just a tad slick. (having fogged glasses didn't help either)

Hammerheads, after doing the park, rode over to Freidman farms, did that, came back over to do Larry's trails..and then cut back thru the park for a second go. It seems now with the Freidman Farms loop, Larry,s loop and the park we now have about a 13 mile complete loop going, and soon to be more.

Good ride, good times and thanks Larry for the dry sweatshirt!

Gettin' ready to get wet!

www.wvmtba.com
    an IMBA affiliated Group
    www.imba.com

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by Plains Bike
    Probably one of the more zanier rides around here is the CDH/P-Town "Theme Night" rides held once a month.

The CDH is held every Friday in Plymouth Township, but once a month they have a "theme night" ride. Last month was "Cops & Robbers"..this was Super hero's & Villans month.
    Thats awesome!
    How the heck do they ride in those getups?
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6
    Thats awesome!
    How the heck do they ride in those getups?
    Lol! God Knows! Last month they did "Cops & Robbers"...that was he-larious. Also other "themes" have been "Prom" night, Cowboys & Indians, just to name a few.

It's just a fun way to ride and to blow off steam since a lot of these guys are really really into the hardcore racing and training for races for the Cedar Bike Shop team.

And like the FS rides, afterward at what we call the "Mount-Inn" is always a blast, 'burgs on the grill, pasta salads, good exotic beer...just a real neat time.

The good thing is we have been so busy here I was able to add on another employee to cover Friday nights for me so now I'll be able to participate in some of the wackiness!

mtbr member
    P-Town ride tonight on top of Plymouth Mountain, meeting at 6pm at the "Mount-Inn". Hammer guys meet up at 5pm for one hour of intense gear mashing!

mtbr member
    Coming up this Sunday (5/23) for those that like the scenic cruise of a Rail Trail ride, our second ride on the schedule, Jim Thorpe Switchback Railroad is on!

We'll meet at the Mauch Chunk Lake at 1pm...anyone want to double up with me can meet at the Plains Bike Shop parking lot at noon..I can haul 3 bikes on my rack.

Bring your cameras, this is definitly one of the more scenic RT's out there, and for those that like hill climb challenges, we have one for you...the Wagon Road as we go up that instead of down.

Here is the link on our site for the rides and schedule:
    http://forums.wvmtba.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

mtbr member
    Just bumping this to the top as a reminder of the RT ride in Jim Thorpe..Switchback RR tomorrow (5/24).

We'll meet up at Mauch Chunk Park at 1..quarter after and go from there!

mtbr member
    Pics/story up on WVMTBA of the Jim Thorpe Switchback Railroad ride!

http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?t=553

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Pictures from 5-25-10 Slocum ride and Prompton 5-23-10

Sunday we rode at Prompton

For more pictures

http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?p=2151#post2151

Tuesday ride Slocum.

For more pictures

http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?t=558

Chris
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    Wow...Stine actually took more pics than me this time!!

Anywayz...I am taking Adam S out to Moon on Saturday (5/29) along with meeting up with a rider from Virginia at 1pm..if anyone is interested............!!