mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Marsh Creek 09/23/07

Hey, this is my first post other than my intro.
    Just wanted to share a few things from my ride yesterday . . .

1) After awhile, my left shoe wouldn't snap into the pedal. Had to stop and check it out. One of the screws was missing, allowing the cleat to turn sideways. Fortunately, the other one was pretty tight and I was able to straighten it out again and I was good to go for awhile.

My thanks go to the BikeLine here in West Chester PA. I went in looking to buy some new screws and he gave me one for free!

Note to self: Loctite is my friend.

2) After a few "Hey, lemme see where this offshoot goes!" and about an hour of doubling back, I realized that the trail no longer looked familiar. I asked a couple who was out walking their dog where the trail was back to the parking area and we all had a good laugh. They knew the area pretty well and were able to point me in the right direction. I guess I was soaking in the woods and having a good ole' time too much to pay attention. It's not like I was out in the wilderness, so it was no big shakes if the trail didn't look familiar for awhile.
    Last edited by sween1911; 09-24-2007 at 02:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    1911 eh?? Kimber??

Thanks for posting... every little bit of knowledge helps...

Note to self: His friends are good enough to be my friends, get some Loctite...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I was at marsh creek yesterday as well. My friend and I have been going there every sunday for about the past 2 months. Yesterday we had a great ride but a unfortunate ending. I was going pretty fast down a very rocky downhill and managed to puncture my tube. Of course, I did not have a spare on me so I had to walk it back to the car (about 1.5mls). Anyways, after that I bought some spare tubes and ordered a decent frame mount pump. I'll be prepared next time!

Speaking of 1991s - Any of you go to French Creek Outfitters? I am at their indoor quite often.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Never been to the range at French Creek...

I generally go to Classic Pistol in South Hampton off of Street road... It's only a 35 yard range, but they allow handgun, rifle, shotgun and fully auto... They also rent out class 3 weapons.. MP5, Mac 11, UMP 45, etc....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Why yes, that 1911 does stand for the 1911 you're thinking off. And yes, a Kimber... TLE II .

French Creek Outfitters has a nice indoor range. Haven't been there since earlier this year. I went there to meet up with some friends, and they hadn't showed, so I was checking out the display items. Guy showed me a Kimber Warrier with a Streamlight TLR2 on the rail. It was pretty sweet. He took me into the darkened archery range to show me how the light and the laser worked. Nice!

Shoes: Took the cleats off my shoes last night, cleaned them off, pried out the rocks, put 'em back on and Loctited the screws back in. Blue Loctite is for something you want tight, but anticipate taking off over now and then. Red Loctite is for something you want to set and forget. I used the Red.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey, are you guys going to the Marsh Creek Race? Seems like a fast race. 4.5 mile loops.