Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004

Marietta PA River Trails Short Ride

I have lived in Marietta all my life and have just recently started doing trail maintenance. I couldn't be happier. A few buddies and I got together and clear a few trees, made a few stunts, and generally made the trail alot more enjoyable for both hikers and bikers. We cut downed trees just wide enough for a biker, but not so wide that ATV's and junk could get through

So, just letting anyone know, Marietta PA 17547 has about 3-5 miles, maybe more of flat single track, which include some fun jumps, drops, log-rides, etc down along the Susquehanna.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

used to ride there alot

I am also from the Marietta area and have rode those trails off and on for years. Years ago I cleared a trail up to the open fields near the Rowanna boat access. This quickly made an easy route for the ATV's to blast through. Apparently it was too much work for them to clear the original trail. I now like to ride the more technical rocky trails but will still sneak down along the river now and them. It's definitely a mud hole at times ( I say that because that's half the fun down there). The creek pipe that goes under the railroad around Armstrong is probably the most challenging little spot and also coming down the trail from the breezeyview parking lot to the bottom at the south end of chickies park is fun. The only place where you have to sit on your back tire to keep from going over the handle bars. From where to where do you ride down there and how do you get around the Marietta Boat Club property?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I also live close to you and have been building some stunts by the DJ's @ Chickies. I'd be very interested in helping you with some trail work and seeing your stunts and drops. drop me a P.M. I'm on vacation until Thanksgiving so I would have some time to help with the trails.