Thread: LSP Update!

mtbr member

LSP Update!

They're removing the old bridge that you weren't supposed to walk over and puting in a new wooden bridge this winter. Thanks to The Countryside Conservancy for leading the way to making a safer route across. Joe Tierney is working on a new trail ofer there to connect to Frost Hollow (I believe). ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member

Yeah...We've.........

walked over that bridge once or twice....a thrilling experience in that I wasn't sure if we would make it across at all!!!! Thx for sharing the pics of the beginning of the end AceMan. Also Thanks goes out to CountrySide Conservancy and Joe Tienery for there advocacy leadership and hard work to make such a great riding spot available to all of us. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    What's amazing about this bridge is when (if you've ever dared) you walked across, it would shake under yo... But cars used to drive across it! Fahn

mtbr member
    May 2005

bridge

that bridge i remember had a plaque on it that had the mfg. name.. somewhere in ohio i think...... i believe they were sold as a mail order type bridge that was put together sort of like an erector set.... there is a sister bridge to that one that goes over the same creek but further upstream in east benton...its behind the archery shop in east benton and is a little walk(ride) from the road... its in really bad shape also and has the same mfg plaque on it....

mtbr member
    May 2005
    wow! I soo thought I was going to fall through that thing a few times lol...... Nice to see that they'll be putting in a new bridge though.