mtbr member

Looking for trails

A group of us are planning a trip over July 4th weekend, and someone suggested Ohiopyle. Can anyone tell me about trails in that area? I looked at Sugarloaf, which looks hard and short. And I looked at the review of Forbes State Forest, which said it was so damaged it was unridable (plus I am not sure how far away that actually is from Ohiopyle.) I would appreciate any input any of you could give me. Basically, we are looking for intermediate trails, maybe in the 15-20 mile range. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by triscuit
    A group of us are planning a trip over July 4th weekend, and someone suggested Ohiopyle. Can anyone tell me about trails in that area? I looked at Sugarloaf, which looks hard and short. And I looked at the review of Forbes State Forest, which said it was so damaged it was unridable (plus I am not sure how far away that actually is from Ohiopyle.) I would appreciate any input any of you could give me. Basically, we are looking for intermediate trails, maybe in the 15-20 mile range. Thanks.
    There's a lot of riding near Forbes-the State Park there Linn Run and that kind of run together-there are maps on the internet-you'll have to go through the Pa state park page. and there are trail maps here http://www.lhorba.org/

mtbr member
    Thanks so much!!