mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Looking for a trail in Near Ohiopyle

My buddy and I are planning a Mountain bike/ White water kayaking trip soon and I was looking for some advice on a mountain biking trail.

We will be kayaking at the lower yough in Ohiopyle. We are looking for a trail near there that has all mountain / light FR features to it. We both prefer to go downhill rather than up and speed has never been an enemy. The more technical and challenging the better. We will be driving there from Indiana and would prefer to keep our driving distance relatively short from ohiopyle. Thanks for the help

Life is Good
    Might wanna check into Wilderness Voyageurs in town, they would have the low-down on the best trails in that area as they rent out bikes, including some AM/DH bikes. I know there is a trail that comes out right by the old train station (now the GAP trail) that goes well up the mountain, but I forget what it's called. You'd want to shuttle it though, obviously, as it's a lot of vertical.

When is your trip? The Lower Yough is a blast and it's running pretty good right now with all the rains we got last week. About a week ago it was cresting at 12 feet!
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the information. I wish the trip was soon, but we wont be out there until may