banned

Looking For Ride

Recently transfered to Tobyhanna from CA. Looking for some stuff pretty close to me. I'm just outside of Bear Creek. Heard good things about Mountain Top. Is there any contact info or group rides that are consistant? I think I'm only about 20 minutes from there?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Get in touch with JeffSkisMontana, he's got the poop on MT riding. There's usually at least one, often two, rides up there weekly (one after work/night-ride, one weekend). There's hunting up there so Sun is the best weekend day to go right now.

7-Tubs Natural Area has some fun trails too (just down 115 from you towards Wilkes-Barre), the WVMTBA group maintains those. Not as much mileage as MT but fun stuff. Trailhead is behind the guard rail just outside the gate off Hwy 115. No hunting AFAIK there but check with people who know first to be safe.

Moon Lake Park is the other side of the valley a bit, but a worthy place to go ride. It's maintained by the NEPAMTBA. There's night-rides weekly there on Wed PM that all are welcome to, usually somebody riding there on Sat/Sun too at this point. No hunting in Moon Lake so that's safe to ride any time. If you're going to be there outside hours just park outside the main gate. Chriffer here on MTBR has a map of those trails, you can probably find it on his www ( www.chriffer.com ).

The Hubbard group also has some maps and info on their www - I don't have a link handy but it's google-able. The usually have a week-night ride up there too on Thursdays (it's Wed this week though to allow for t-day).

Lots more good stuff here in the W-B/Scranton area, and further out, for your weekend adventuring. Watch this board for ride calls.

CYA out there sometime.

mtbr member
    Go to wvmtba.com. I thing they are planning a T'giving day ride, it's on the shoutbox, at Frances Slocum and then acroos the street from the park on privatly owned trails. There also might be some rides at the Chinese Downhill course this weekend as well, and once again at Slocum's workday on Sunday!

wvmtba.com

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Welcome!

Mt Top, Moon Lake, Moosic Mt all great places to ride!

Wednesday night rides 6PM Main gate at Moon every week hosted by NEPMTBA. Lot's of Thanksgiving rides also! We have one Saturday at 12 noon at Moosic Mt.

Of course Hunting is in season except Sundays so be careful.

Ck our website if you like: nepmtba.piczo.com

Did you ever have ham?

Looking for ride

Hello and welcome to PA! Like Bear said get in touch with JeffSkisMontana about Mountain Top. I have not personally been riding there, but from everything I see and hear it is amazing riding...just watch out for the black deer! LOL! Jeff is a great guy, too! If you are just looking for something leisurely, there is a rail trail in White Haven behind the grocery store. If you do go on that rail trail, be sure to check out the big wooden deck on your left. It actually overlooks part of the old canal system...very cool! Unfortunately, Hickory Run State Park in White Haven does not allow mountain biking. Still there are some really nice trails up there for hiking. If you hike to the top of Fire Line Trail you are greeted by an absolutely beautiful view of the Lehigh River. Also, like Bear said check out http://nepmtba.piczo.com/?g=52326813&cr=5&nsrc=slh and e-mail Lee he can fill you in on so much more than I possibly could. I look forward to meeting you on a ride sometime! Have fun!

banned
    Thanks. I was already at Moon Lake. After looking at this forum for the last few weeks, it wasn't too hard to miss. No offense.

I'm more interested in Mountain Top at this time. I wasn't too impressed with what Moon Lake had to offer. From what I gathered when I was there, the guys said Mountain Top would be more of what I'm looking for. I'll drop JeffSkisMontana a line.

mtbr member

Welcome nepatroll

Lots of good riding to be had in the area. The weather is starting to close in on us now but we will be out riding through most of it....at least until it is time to start skiing. You have moved to a very nice area. Ride On! Jeff
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........