mtbr member

looking for places to ride near west chester

hey everyone. its been a while since i have posted on here, but now that the weather looks like it will be getting warmer i have been itching to ride. anyone near west chester have any recomendations? im also still pretty new to the area so i wouldnt mind meeting up with someone and riding.

mtbr member
    Marsh Creek (Downingtown)
    Harmony Hill (Downingtown)
    French Creek (Elverson)
    Brandywine Creek State Park / Woodlawn (accessible from Chadds Ford / Wilmington)
    Oakbourne Park (West Chester, not much there if I remember right but its probably OK for a quick after-work ride)
    Valley Forge (Betzwood Lot - most of the trails in Valley Forge are not open to bikes but in this area the rangers kind of look the other way)
    Wissahickon (Philly)
    White Clay Creek (Newark DE) is a bit longer drive, maybe 50 minutes from West Chester, but well worth checking out. I've heard the same about Fair Hill (MD) that is 15 minutes farther, but I never can drive past white clay.

I ride Valley Forge pretty often, may be able to give a tour sometime. If you get tired of these places there is lots more within say an hour and a half drive.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    check out ceres in NJ not far down 322 i rode ther for the 1st time last week sweet singletrack

mtbr member
    May 2012
    AlexCuse has a pretty thorough list there! If you are looking to get out soon, I'd stay away from Marsh Creek unless it is completely frozen. Harmony Hill isn't too much better. French Creek and Brandywine (at least parts of) handle the wet weather better.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    I've made a map that lists all of the trails in the region accessible by train from center city.
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...41241ace&msa=0
    there are a few omissions, particularly out your way, but my intention was not to be comprehensive, but create a list for people who either don't drive or prefer not to. I'd estimate that it has between 2/3-3/4ths of the trails in the area. ymmv