mtbr member

looking for Group rides in Western PA

looking for a group ride or someone to ride with near Robinson area west of Pittsburgh..
    I like to ride Bavington but don't know the trails very well. I'm back out this way for work and its frustrating not being on a bike. I like to ride mornings before work 7 or 8, afternoons are good but I often work late to avoid traffic.

I looked on the PORC forums but can't seem to find any rides or info around this area. Being from Huntington Beach Cali there's always people on the trails, I rode Bavington got lost and did not see anyone. I freaked out lol not use to that.

I like to say I'm a decent rider did the Mohican 100, a enduro and a few xc races back home this summer. Also would love to do DH at the springs was there a few weeks ago and had a blast.

Any advice be great... Thank You Brandon

Hermit
    The PORC guys seem to be pretty active riders, but they don't look like they post up a lot of group rides.

I'd think your best bet would be to post up on their board when you're coming into the area, and try to get other riders to join you. That seems to happen fairly regularly on their board.

I always take a map with me when I ride Bavington. I don't mind the lack of people (in fact I love the quiet out there) but I'm not real fond of being lost. If you can't find a copy online send me an email and I'll get an image file out to you.

And if you're in the area regularly, consider a trip up north of da 'Burgh to ride Moraine. Awesome trails there.

Steve Z
    swampboy62"AT"yahoo.com
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Thanks Steve for the info! East coast trails are awesome. Moraine will definitely be on the list. I did a quick trip to Raystown and that was a blast.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You can get on the PORC e-mail list, there are a bunch of rides every week. Also, try the Trek Store in Robinson, I remember them posting rides in the past. I'm pretty sure they are still there. For trails, try Settlers Cabin county park. I don't think there is a lot of traffic, so the trails may not be as well maintained. Bradys Run park in Beaver county is on that side of town, too.

Dave

mtbr member
    May 2007
    What dave said. There's also a lot of group rides in Frick Park on various days of the week if you want to come into town.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.