mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Locals HELP! MTB trails in/around Lancaster County?

Help me out locals! I'm in Lancaster County for several days... where are good trails to ride? Looking for some short technical rides AND some epic-like rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobolink
    Help me out locals! I'm in Lancaster County for several days... where are good trails to ride? Looking for some short technical rides AND some epic-like rides.
    Depends a bit on where in Lancaster County you are. Possibles include French Creek State Park and Blue Marsh Lake if you are toward the north and Fair Hill Natural Resources Management Area (MD), Susquehanna State Park (MD) and Middle Run Natural Area/White Clay Creek State Park (DE) if you are more toward southern Lancaster County. All those would be at most 1:15 from Lancaster city.

Some technical stuff in French Creek. The rest offer little in the way of true technical riding, but lots of great singletrack.

TS

my church is the woods
    Like troutboy said - depends what part of lancaster you are going to be. There's nothing in or on the outskirts of the city, so here's my list...

North - Camp Mack near Brickerville and Gov. Dick in Mt. Gretna, both of which are on the Lanc./ Lebanon Co. border, see info on the SAMBA website - click on my sig link.

West - Rock Ridge county park in York, just off rt. 30

East - French Creek State Park in Berks Co.

South - White Clay Creek/ Middle Run, on PA- DE border. Or Fair Hill just across the MD border.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thank you so much for the SAMBA link! We rode from Elizabethtown on the Conewago Trail into Mt. Gretna... up to the Gov Dick's Observation Tower... then TOTALLY got turned around in there. We jumped for joy to see there actually IS a trail map. Can't wait to go out there again to explore!