mtbr member
    Apr 2004

local philadelphia region snow report- ridable?

Wissahickon 12 inches. reportedly ridable. light snow with lots of wind blowing it all over the place.

looking for updates from other locations? West? less snow? Thorpe?

South? White clay? how much?

mtbr member
    If you don't mind driving a "little" while York didn't get much snow, maybe 2" max. So lake redman/Williams should be open along with rocky ridge.... Although rocky ridge will probably be real tricky with all the rocks. Just hop onto route 30 and head west and you will run right into York.
    Buy a f-ing bike maybe you wouldn't be fat

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    thanks! he crew has not been to york. trails navagatable without a guide?

mtbr member
    Either one of those places (rocky ridge or lake redman/Williams) are both pretty easy to navigate with the trail markers. When I first rode them I found maps online that showed the trail layout and where most of the trails are. Rocky ridge loops onto itself a lot so you are never very far from where you park (which is good if you have a flat are break something). The lakes have longer loops but are not as rough as rocky ridge but still have many fun climbs and downhill sections. Rocky ridge is where I like to ride my full suspension bike since you can then fly over the rocks and roots. I'm looking to go out to redman today on my hardtail if you want to come out I can show you around.
    Buy a f-ing bike maybe you wouldn't be fat

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Reading/ My Penn, couple of inches,trails should be awesome,depending on wind will head out later.

mtbr member
    Any reports of Fair Hill, french creek or any other place?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Josh, Rocky Ridge is a lot like the Wiss, but smaller. Up and down with rocks.

Lake Redman/Williams is a cross between Wiss and PennyPack.

You really can't get lost at either park, but RR is easier to navigate. If you're going for the day with your crew, you can ride both parks. They're not that far apart, but you'll want to drive to them both.

RR is off of Rt 30 and Mt Zion Road in York. Lake Redman/Williams is just south of York off of Rt 83.

You can always check out Mt Grenta as well!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If you decide in York, I'd recommend Rocky Ridge since you're used to the Wiss. Lota of loops can be strung together. Can't reallly get lost there, just ride downhill off the ride and then back up.

William H. Kain, aka Lake Redman or The Lakes, has two tunnnels under 83 that join the two sides of the trail network together. The tunnels will have cold water running in them. Also after the thaw this week the trails there might be closed. You can call 717-840-7440 to check on the trail status.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Was able to ride today at Pennypack -- Yes it was ridable in some places... not much fun though and in hind I would wait for better conditions. I did meet my personal goal of 800 mi of riding this year even while traveling most of the year, so in that regard it was worth it.

Happy New Years all!
    26FS & 29Rigid... best of both worlds

mtbr member
    Anybody have any info on French Creek and/or conditions - has it melted off and is it drying out. Going to be up that way on Thurs and was hoping for a ride at one of those places.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST