Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! A little snow ride... with open minded people

Hit the Moto track today...

... with a bit of different riding!

E-Ville was hosting a M&S race and the opportunity lends itself to bring the MTB along, so...

Market street in Berwick with the entire street median decorated with Christmas displays, of course it looks better at night. The bonus of the day was talking shop about Mt Bikes with the owners of the complex and they are very interested in Mt Bikes! The owner asked if mt bikers like to cross streams? I laughed and said as long as it's in the summer... LOL

The pics are of the MX and HS loop, but don't be fooled as there is pristine land that I was told lends itself to singletrack paradise and, yes, there are STEEP CLIMBS

The best thing is every imaginable vehicle was there today from MTBs to Snow machines with Motos, quads and UTVs, mini riders, and chicks all mixed together and everyone having loads of fun! It amazes me that showing up with a singlespeed MTB at a Moto event brings out the supporters! Lot's of Moto guys who ride MTBs.

Of course the disclaimer here is it is private land, but I was allowed to take a lap on the MTB... Hum... somethings brewing and it's not coffee!

Open minded people are fun to hang with

Nuff for now...enjoy

NEPMTBA
    WE NEVER REST
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0144.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0146.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0149.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0167.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0173.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0177.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0184.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0198.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0168.jpg  

A little snow ride... with open minded people-imag0192.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

A little snow ride

Uh Oh....Are those Hells Angels on them there motor sickles? LMFAO!!! I hope the interest is there to develop a mt bike event, and it would be awesome if it would run the same weekend as our moto event there! Here's to hopin'!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Moto:

The idea I have is an Ironman event, as this is a different venue than the usual MTB race. A Mt bike race on Saturday where "anyone" could compete in it as a "singular" event. Then on Sunday a HS in the AM followed by either a regular Moto race or an SX later that night. Of the competitors who compete in all 3 would be deemed Iron men/women! In the HS and Moto/SX one could run a quad or Moto. Of course they would be scored and awarded separate.

We have done similar events in the past at Hurricane Hills and elsewhere. Moto guys are fanatics as you know and they will run what they brung at any opportunity. Just mention some other guy has a similar toy and the race is on! Might even turn into a Moto/Poker Match/MTB/MMA fight event...LOL

Who knows along with the Twin Creeks event and the new property, might form into a mini series, the opportunity is there

NEPMTBA
    RIDE THE NEW

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Now that looked like a fun day!The ironman thing is a great idea.Should throw in a pitbike race also.Let me know if i could assist.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mxer
    Now that looked like a fun day!The ironman thing is a great idea.Should throw in a pitbike race also.Let me know if i could assist.
    Glad your on board with this idea, with fuel being so pricey it would be good to have a more local Mt bike events. Danville is really the only close one right now. Moto tracks are a good venue, but it won't be run on the Moto track per say. It will include new single track, dual track for passing and maybe more friendly sections of the Moto track which resembles a dirt road, again for passing opportunities will be used. Finding land and an owner that will allow this type of event is difficult.

NEPMTBA
    SMELL THE NEW SINGLE TRACK

Did you ever have ham?

Wtf????

HEY, THAT YELLOW SNOW DOESN'T TASTE LIKE LEMONS!!! WTF?????

Did you ever have ham?

WOW, talk about a snow ride!!!

This looks like alot of fun in the snow! The really cool thing about this is you could ride it at places where MTB's are not even allowed, like Hickory Run State Park.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/394/22...rsion-Kit.aspx

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

From the same company,

Snow Hawk
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Looks like a fun time!