mtbr member

Lincoln University/New London

I'll be visiting my sister in law soon and was wondering if anyone knew of any decent riding in the Lincoln University/New London area.

Thanks,
    Scott

Hoopy Frood

Fair Hill in MD

Since you'll be in southwestern Chester County, you could hop across the state line and visit Fair Hill in Maryland. Some of the best riding in the area and not too far away.

Fair Hill Natural Resource Management Area

Also check the trails section for Delaware - anything around Wilmington or Newark would be pretty close, too.

- khill
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeat007
    I'll be visiting my sister in law soon and was wondering if anyone knew of any decent riding in the Lincoln University/New London area.

Thanks,
    Scott

There actually is none. Your best bet, as mentioned by khill, is to head to Fair Hill, the best ridding around. SE PA has so much land, but pretty limited ridding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Limited riding?

I don't know that you could say there is limited riding at fairhill. It's pretty big and you can easily pull a 20 mile ride out out of it. I guess that limited if you are a STUD

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodl
    I don't know that you could say there is limited riding at fairhill. It's pretty big and you can easily pull a 20 mile ride out out of it. I guess that limited if you are a STUD
    Read my statement again. Better yet I will say it again: SE PA has so much land, but pretty limited ridding. Tell me where to ride in SE PA - within 30 minutes of Philadelphia. Fair Hill is MD, Iron Hill is DE, Middle Run is DE, Brandywine is DE. Elk Neck is MD. Wissahickon is PA.

Tell me, where in PA is there to ride within 10 minutes of Lincoln University?
    Last edited by Trajan; 10-05-2004 at 10:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Touchy

I bet like most schools in the middle of nowhere there are trails on the campus property. Just a guess. lincoln is a bit out of the way for me. We did say "best bet" meaning if time was not an issue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodl
    I bet like most schools in the middle of nowhere there are trails on the campus property. Just a guess. lincoln is a bit out of the way for me. We did say "best bet" meaning if time was not an issue.
    Sorry, but I grew up in a shitty little town called Newark, De. Even that crappy place had, at the time, 5 great places to ride. And all were less than 10 minutes from the center of town. SE PA sucks for MTBers.