Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    fish
    Feb 2011

like a rollercoaster ride!!!!!

My bf mtbiker64 and three of our friends road th trails at Swatara this morning. I forgot how fun th trails were from last yr. It was like a rollercoaster ride. Awesome!!!!...We rode the trails by taking all rights...next time we will try all left turns. Well worth checking it out for a change of pace.

MTBR Goon
    Nov 2011
    Just there on Thursday. They are faster and smoother than last year. I rode my hardtail this week and had more fun than my AM bike. The climb back up C is no fun counterclockwise...but it would also be boring to come down.

Heading to Raystown this weekend for the 2nd time this year. Check that out if you want a long rollercoaster.

fish
    Feb 2011
    Good to know. We hope to head put there some time. I grew up near there and spent almost every weekend boating. But now I would love to try the trails.

MTBR Goon
    Nov 2011
    We put in 24 miles up there last month. But you can do whatever length you want. Same concept as swatara.

Swatara is awesome for a midweek ride though. Def nice to see this amount of effort in an area close to Harrisburg. I wish rollers and small features were allowed though.

wounded knee
    Rode Swatra for the first time about a month ago and had a absolute blast, it is such a change of what we are used to, great place for a fast and flowy ride!
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by scsabol View Post
    We put in 24 miles up there last month. But you can do whatever length you want. Same concept as swatara.

Swatara is awesome for a midweek ride though. Def nice to see this amount of effort in an area close to Harrisburg. I wish rollers and small features were allowed though.
    sometimes I wish there were more features like that, but after having ridden at a place like Fountainhead in VA where everything is so built up and "manufactured," the biggest part of Swatara's charm is how natural everything is.

I think about how fun some more features would be, but then I always remember right away why I like riding there.

mtbr member
    a group of 6 of us were there for the first time yesterday! highly recommend the red lion for after ride supplements! so anyway one of our guys managed to go over the bars and turn his front rim into an S-shape =D hes ok and its all on go pro hd =D but all in all its a best set of trail ive hit yet, after pushing though the rocks on the moon for 3 weeks this is almost a dream come true...twas my wifes 4th ride out and she had a blast minus the chammy chaff =P so anyway send some healin power to lawn dart jason and be safe out there =D
    Dave

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ferko View Post
    a group of 6 of us were there for the first time yesterday! highly recommend the red lion for after ride supplements! so anyway one of our guys managed to go over the bars and turn his front rim into an S-shape =D hes ok and its all on go pro hd =D but all in all its a best set of trail ive hit yet, after pushing though the rocks on the moon for 3 weeks this is almost a dream come true...twas my wifes 4th ride out and she had a blast minus the chammy chaff =P so anyway send some healin power to lawn dart jason and be safe out there =D
    Dave
    saw your group show up; my buddy and I were leaving just as you all arrived. that was the most people I've ever seen there, by a very wide margin. glad you had a good time!

mtbr member
    o yes indeed, its like 50 min from my house where moon lake is 30... i cant wait to hit it up 1on1 with my buddy Truama, thats gonna be the cream of the crop!
    Dave

P.S. My "tin man" camelbak is on the way so all ya'll will know who I am

fish
    Feb 2011
    Besides the moon...swatara is definately a trail i would like to do after work. only a 45 min ride from hazleton...

mtbr member
    i barley wanna make the drive to rockport after 5pm when my wife gets out of work, let alone to swatara! Maybe before the sunset gets early we'll do it after work, but thats a haul! Good dedication bg69
    Dave

P.S. im in sugarloaf

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

like a rollercoaster ride

I'm assuming when you go to Rockport you ride the gorge. You could always head down to JT and ride the canal trail. There is a bunch of singletrack off each side of the main trail. Bikergirl69 (my gf) and I have rideen it a bunch and it's not too bad. It's not too technical that a beginner couldn't ride it. As for now it's light out till at least 8 so there's enough time to get in a good ride.

mtbr member
    Poor Jason's rim...I told him to take it in the shop and tell them it wasn't shifting right or something. Just glad he walked away from it with most of his senses

I also have the footage from the gopro but it's NSFW
    Attached Images Attached Images  

fish
    Feb 2011
    Wow!!!!looks like his bike didnt take the landing too well. :-)...that must hv hurt

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma05 View Post
    Poor Jason's rim...I told him to take it in the shop and tell them it wasn't shifting right or something. Just glad he walked away from it with most of his senses

I also have the footage from the gopro but it's NSFW
    You think that damage is bad.Last month I was riding my rigid Karate Monkey there and I descended a trail jumped over a log ,lost my line and went headfirst at high speed into a tree.Went airborne,luckily I missed the tree with my body but the steel frame and fork was toast/along with the headset.The guys at the shop looked at me like how the hell did you walk away from that.I guess I was lucky.If I had hit the tree with my head/body things would have ended very badly.

mtbr member
    glad to see all of you are ok . my last trip there i had a nice crash on one of the log overs and ended up with a impact slice to my left palm got 3 stitches . but it did not keep me from riding ! ride on ! love the trails !

fish
    Feb 2011
    Most mt bikers heal mentally bfore physically...we all feel th need to ride wirh our bandages and sore bodies. I hv some brutal injuries so i avoid high bridges...lol...live love ride!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I finially rode Swatara for the first time on Friday, can't wait to go back!

fish
    Feb 2011
    Swatara is addicting. A couple of friends and i rode it again on saturday morning. I cant wait to go back and make all left turns...lol...:-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Rattling Creek is just over the mountain from Swatara. 20 miles of single track riding. Rattling Creek 50 mile race is August 11th. 4 loops happening. 50 mile easy ride, 12, 25, and 50 mile race. Supposedly not using the same loop twice. Come on out and enjoy!!

fish
    Feb 2011
    Awesome!! Thanks for the information. We will definately check out those trails. Is there a trail map available?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Not really, but there is one available. I have one RCST club put out that list the trails and roads. I can make copies and get some out to people. If by chance I get to the Moon on Saturday, I'll bring a few along. The online registration for the race has a map, but not sure if it list the trail names. I can always mail a couple out to be distributed amongst some riders up that way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    2011 Dawes Deadeye | 2011 Niner EMD9 | 2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy AL

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm heading to this Rattling Creek place next Saturday! Thanks for the heads up!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Here's another map for Rattling Creek, may be better than the first, unsure.

I think I got it from Jonz.

RCST 2008 map

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast