mtbr member

Leigh Gorge SP Snow Cond

Anybody xc ski on the gorge trail and know the conditions? The state park website lists it as 3", which would seem like sparse coverage. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

*Funny, I couldn't find any xc skiing organizations or info for that area to get a handle on conditions other than the park website.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I don't even think there is 3". Since we've had some warmer temps and a little rain today there probably isn't even much left. Down by the river might be more harder packed with the cooler temp from the water. I hardly have anything left at my house which is just outside of Hazleton. You could also try giving Blue Mtn sports in JT a call. They should be able to tell you for sure.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I don't know that you would want to XC ski that mess, hundreds if not thousands of people walk that every day. If it's like our local RT is all pock marks from feet. Pretty tough keeping skis in line on that.

Better to hit up Hickory Run SP, much more XC ski friendly and close by, plus a really beautiful park!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yes,
    It is rough in most spots, also watch for snowmobiles from Whitehaven south to I think Rockport. I ski up the Gorge quite a bit,but it doesn;t take long for the it to get chopped up like NEPMTBA said. We had a bit of rain today, so that will hurt also. The best time to go is right after it snows..