mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Lehigh Gorge/Lehigh Canal

Hello PA riders. I live in Lehighton, and I ride daily on either the Lehigh Gorge trail (starting in JT) or the Lehigh Canal (Starting in Weissport). More often than not I'm on the Canal, I have my 20 month old son in tow on a Burley. I was wondering how many people here are on those 2 trails and how often. I look forward to meeting some other locals to ride with. My kid is not much of a conversationalist, and usually falls asleep a few miles in. Feel free to chime in, and if you see a white/gray Jamis Durango towing a kid in a Burlee, feel free to stop me and introduce yourself.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Will do. I usually start by Canal ST. I met the guy who makes the off trail trails. My favorite place to ride.

mtbr member
    I was up there a few weeks ago with bwargula - one of the canal path trailmakers, good stuff!
    without hops the world stops

mtbr member
    I ride the Canal Path often from Sand Island in Bethlehem to the baseball fields just shy of Easton. I'm running out of riding partners. Does anyone do this ride regularly?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    [edit] correction, ignore post

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbike
    I was up there a few weeks ago with bwargula - one of the canal path trailmakers, good stuff!
    There's a few. Try posting on the VMB site. Bikevmb.com You can post your own ride too

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by metricdevil
    I ride the Canal Path often from Sand Island in Bethlehem to the baseball fields just shy of Easton. I'm running out of riding partners. Does anyone do this ride regularly?
    There's a few. Check out the VMB site. Bikevmb.com You can post your own rides too.