siv
    mtbr member

Left work early to ride Gretna today

I looked outside today at around 10:30am and noticed this weird sky with no clouds and this big yellow thing. So I left work to ride. The trails are in really good riding shape. Not a wet spot on any of the loop I rode ( 11 miles ). Nice thin crispy snow mixed with crunchy leaves that have have dried from recent winds. All the ruts on switchback have hardened over, made for a really nice ride. Secret trail is gonna be really kewl this summer once it gets worn in and all the rocks and logs are dry, did it today for the second time. Much better today than two weeks ago. I already have about 5 - 10 names picked out for it. "Granny Ring Trail" and "Equilibrium Trail" are two that come to mind right away. Anyway, just putting condition out there in case anyone was wondering what the trails were like.

my church is the woods
    Good day to get out Siv! Much better than the 5 degree windchill Chris and I had when we rode it Sunday afternoon. We rode in from both ends on what I'm calling "southern cross", and...WOW that is/going to be one incredibly gnar trail...best in this region.

I'm really stoked that this is more and more becoming a hot spot for mountain biking. Quick rundown on some spots I ride from often to occasionally;
    Mt. Gretna and Camp Mack + Horseshoetrail SGL- 20 minutes by bike
    Swatara SP 20 mi.
    Rocky Ridge Park 40 mi.
    Blue Marsh 24 mi.
    French Creek SP 46 mi.
    Rattling Creek 62 mi.
    Iron Hill + White Clay 62 mi.
    Jim Thorpe 68 mi.
    Michaux 80 mi.

We gotta plan a road trip to each of those places this year.

I lived out west for a few years in the late 90's, AZ, CO, CA, and mostly Oregon. While the scenery was much nicer out there, everything was seperated by vast distances. I think we've got some real nice spots and some great singletrack around here.

siv
    mtbr member
    French Creek and White Clay would be on my short list. The others to follow with a repeat trip to Rattling Creek first. I havent even seen the other end of "the trail" yet, Im assuming its shorter because there was more work to be done there. Did you make your own path via the flags or just in to where work was stopped at either end? See you guys Saturday.