Thread: Lebanon, PA

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Lebanon, PA

Any good rides around lebanon? or between Philly and Lebanon? I will be heading out that way for work and would like to find a ride for the afternoon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris9521
    Any good rides around lebanon? or between Philly and Lebanon? I will be heading out that way for work and would like to find a ride for the afternoon.

http://www.sambabiker.com/trail.htm

Gretna, or Swatara are good choices.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

swatara

any recomendation for trail color and direction at SWATARA?

mtbr member
    any recomendation for trail color and direction at SWATARA?
    Yup

Look at the map, and go in on the single red line (parking), and keep right, making it one big loop. It is fast single track designed by mt bikers, and built by them. Not much rock, but it has logs and is fast.

aries on a gemini
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LititzDude
    Yup

Look at the map, and go in on the single red line (parking), and keep right, making it one big loop. It is fast single track designed by mt bikers, and built by them. Not much rock, but it has logs and is fast.
    Sounds like fun.. What are the other trail loops like? I've been looking on Samba but I never rode up there.

my church is the woods

when are you coming?
    If your coming from Philly on the turnpike, Mt. Gretna is right there off the lanc/lebanon exit. Gretna has rocks, longer climbs and dh's. It can be soft and mushy in some areas after rain. great for full suspension and all-mountain rides.

Swatara is the northern end of lebanon co. It has virtually no rocks, but all singletrack fast flowy. no real long climbs or dh's, great for singlespeeds and hardtails.

like the lititzdude said, check out the samba website for maps and directions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Swatara

Thanks for the advice. I rode SWATAR,. it was alot of fun. Loved all the logs.