Nice no rass

Laurel Mtn/7 Springs tire reccomendation

Looking to replace my Nokian NBT 2.3 because it slips off the rocks too easily for a front tire.

What do the Laurel Mountain regulars like on the rocks around here? I'd like to stick in the 2.3-2.35 range. I'm keeping the NBT 2.3 rear since it works well so far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I am not a regular, but do ride up there once in a while....I like stick-e tires from kenda....take a look at the nevegal they have a 2.35 nice and sticky

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    deleted

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Kendas

I ride in the LH all the time and have gone with Kenda Blue grooves up front and Nevegals in the rear. They work very well.

Life is Good
    I was going to second the Nevegals. I haven't ridden them personally but alot of people out here love them.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Does Laurel Mountain offer lift service to take you and your bike to the top of the mountain? Is there a downhill course or just trails going down the mountain?

mtbr member
    the laurel mountain ski resort is shut down and has been closed for about 2 years. you can still ride the slopes but you'll have to ride back up on your own. Most of the time when you hear people referring to Laurel Mountain they are talking about Laurel Mountain State Park which has some really good cross country trails that go through the woods.

for more info: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...lmountain.aspx

Nice no rass
    Thanks for the info guys. I can get a Blue Groove in dual compound and 2.35. I'll pick one up and try it.

Evader: Like Invicta said, it's not downhilling on the slopes themselves, it's the miles of top notch ST in the State Park area. I've ridden most everything up here in the mountains, 7 Springs, Roaring Run, Hidden Valley, Ohiopyle, Laurel, Quebec Run and Laurel (IMHO) is at the top of the list for best single track with plenty of fun stuff to play around on.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    Thanks for the info guys. I can get a Blue Groove in dual compound and 2.35. I'll pick one up and try it.

Evader: Like Invicta said, it's not downhilling on the slopes themselves, it's the miles of top notch ST in the State Park area. I've ridden most everything up here in the mountains, 7 Springs, Roaring Run, Hidden Valley, Ohiopyle, Laurel, Quebec Run and Laurel (IMHO) is at the top of the list for best single track with plenty of fun stuff to play around on.
    I have been riding up there for years (XC) and have used nothing but a knock off slick (rear). It's not too bad, even when wet, because it is so flat. I'll agree that there is some of the best single track riding up at Laurel Mnt.