mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Laurel Mountain Area Forest Road Loops?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a service road/dirt road loop in the Laurel Mountain or Seven Springs area? I'm trying to work up one that could get me at least 30/50/60ish miles. The more miles the better/the more climbing the better!

Why? I'd like to get off road, on my mountain bike and away from cars as much as possible. And it's nice to have a plan for when the trails aren't dry.

I have some maps coming from the forest service and have been trying to piece together some on my own, but I wanted to check and see if anyone had one or part of one they dig.

Thanks.
    Former XXC Mag publisher (re)turned amateur bike blogger at The Soiled Chamois.

mtbr member
    you could get a lot of miles in by just riding all the roads that run through Linn Run and Laurel Mtn parks. riding up Linn Run Road is always fun, if you start at the bottom it's about 8 miles to the top, all uphill!

get yourself a good map of the area or look at google. you could put a nice loop together by riding from Laurel Mtn and then get on backroads and head down to Laurel Hill State Park and then head back. all the back roads in that area have little to no traffic.

here is a loop that i did last summer. started off in greensburg (where i live), rode out to Twin Lakes Co. Park (rode some of the trails there), then rode backroads out to Latrobe, got on 982, headed south to Youngstown, got on Bethel Church Road (steep as hell), rode some more backroads until getting to rt 381, took 381 to Linn Runn St Park, rode to the summit of Linn Run road, and then headed back home. About 80 miles in all, basically all back roads, hardly any traffic at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Thanks

Thanks! Looks like a good one.
    I Googled up some maps and have pied together a nice forest road/snow mobile trail ride that can start from either Linn Run or from over on Rt. 31 near Hidden Valley. Once the trails are dryer the possibilities are endless
    Former XXC Mag publisher (re)turned amateur bike blogger at The Soiled Chamois.

Nice no rass
    Get yourself a snowmobile trail map from the Parks Dept.