mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Laure Mt Trail Workday

Just a reminder that there will be a workday at Laurel Mt on Sat July 26 at 10 am. Meet att he warming hut on Summit Rd.

We can use all the help we can get.

A good turnout of Mt bikers will be the best remedy to keep the XC skiers from paving all the singletrack.

Thanks
    John

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Bump

Going to try to make it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Nice no rass
    Yeah, be very careful up there. There has been an unusually high amount of sightings this year at LM. There have always been rattlers up there (big ones), but lately they have been spotted regularly.

I think it has to do with the fact that the place has been void of the normal hiking/biking traffic due to the gas prices. Not nearly as many city folks coming up these days and the overgrown trails are showing it.

I need to order a snakebite kit like we used to carry in CO. You'd think Gander Mtn. would sell these locally, but they don't.

I'm hoping to be there Saturday, but I think family issues might keep that from happening this weekend.
    Last edited by Too Rass Goat; 07-24-2008 at 07:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Too Ras,
    Dont waste your money on a snakebite kit, ie sawyer extractor. They are pretty much useless. This is probably why you cant find one. May actually do more harm. Best bet is to just get to an ER quickly after a bite.

Hope you can make it tomorrow.

John

Nice no rass
    It's not looking good. My wife's 95 yr. old Grandmother is not doing well at all, I will have to be there instead of LM.

I hope I can make the next one.

Good to know about the extractor, thanks.

psu cycling
    Jun 2007
    drnich,

Sorry I didn't see this thread until now, but do you know where I can find a map of those trails or some advice for riding there this weekend? I'm going to call speedgoat after work.

Thanks,
    Andy

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Check out the LHORBA website under "places to ride". There are maps and routes listed. You can pick up maps at most trailheads and at the warming hut as well.

Just google LHORBA.