mtbr member

Last rides in Mountain Top. 6/1 & 6/2

Hi Everyone! We wanted to say goodbye and Thank You to all for 11 years of friendship, fun, and fantastic memories in and around Mountain Top PA. It was great to see many of you at Denis and Sky?'s party over Memorial Day or on our last series of rides in "Upper Earth", "Middle Earth", or "Lower Earth" in Mountain Top. I also got the chance to see some of you on the Spring Tour of favorite spots to ride in NEPA including: Rattling Creek, Moon Lake, Roaring Creek, Lackawanna State Park, Moosic Mountain, Jim Thorpe, and Swatara(there are many others just didn?t get to ride them regularly like the others listed). The Mountain Top/Wilkes-Barre/Wyoming Valley area has been very good to us as a family. We moved here in the summer of 2002 after spending many years in the Evansville, Indiana locale. The first friends we made were in our neighborhood but closely after we met riders out on the trails behind our house. The group of friends and riders "spun up" quickly. The ability to ride/hike/ski/trail run out our backdoor was an attraction that we loved to share with others. What I will just call "the woods" is an incredible resource the area has and hopefully will be preserved for use of the next generations.

Well it has been about a month and we are starting to settle in to our new home in Stow Massachusetts. We do have riding right out the door but it is not on the quality level with Mountain Top. Still exploring but so far have pieced together a 15 miler that has about 3 miles of road linking the 5 areas with single track. There is swimming, kayaking, fishing, and skating within walking distance. We hope you will visit us if you"re in the Boston area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last rides in Mountain Top.  6/1 & 6/2-image.jpg  

Last rides in Mountain Top.  6/1 & 6/2-image.jpg  

Last edited by JeffSkisMontana; 07-05-2013 at 04:37 AM.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

Still time to ride in Vermont this summer...

The Vermont Mountain Bike Festival is July 13th and 14th and will see a few of you (Denis, LT, Mike, Sue, Joe, Tim, Holly, Reggie, Dave) there, it is still not too late to register and go. We are planning on riding the 11th and 12th also?.probably MillStone and Green Mountain National Forest. Then our Kingdom Trails trip is August 22nd-25th, we have 10( Dave S, Dave K, Daryl, Mike S, John P, Mike B, Bear, Rick C. , Denis, and myself) in one house and I think 6 or 8 in the Dave/Amy Sue house. Joan and Al will be joining us also, they are camping on Lake Willouby. Loren and Jake will also be joining us during the day but are staying with family in the Jay Peak area. So that will be a great time and it is still not too late to come on up for that trip, you just need arrange your lodging.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last rides in Mountain Top.  6/1 & 6/2-image.jpg  

Last edited by JeffSkisMontana; 07-05-2013 at 04:35 AM.

mtbr member

June 2nd

More pics from Upper Earth.

mtbr member

Way down

Long way down RollerCoasterSayWut?

mtbr member
    going to miss your posts..
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Can you miss a guy you never met? I do, good luck out there Jeff.

wounded knee
    Jeff:
    Just wanted to let you know the trails are alive and well, rode them for the very first time this last Sunday and had a blast.
    A Months worth of rain really caused it to grow in, the Ferns were higher than the handlebars at times, making it very difficult to see.

Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member

Nice vid!

Hey Chuck, thanks. Great Video of the Snappers ride. The creek crossing on Snap 1 is always dicey. Love the soundtrack also.....I am guessing Black Label Society??? You guys were pushing it w the possibility of lightening....my biggest fear when riding after an incident while riding with the Hubbard crew one Thursday. Great to see the trails in the vid, man the rain has really caused those ferns to grow. Here are a few more pis from the Top. Ride On!

wounded knee
    Glad you liked it
    Woa.....awesome pic of the Bear!
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Great video Chuck. Gotta love the Snappers. As Jeff would say, It's a Mt. Top classic. This time of year with everything growing fast, you can't let your guard down for a second or you will be flying over the bars.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Classic back country mtn biking.....

mtbr member
    was out tonight on Upper Earth with a rider who has never had the pleasure, and as I described the trail as a "mtn top classic" i was reminded of how true it is...
    That area is alive and well!!! love it
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    hi,

i'd like to join some mtp rides but dont know where the trailheads are, i just moved to the area a couple months ago and live in drums near the I-80/309. I used to ride in Phoenix on weekends regularly and have a ss hardtail and a stumpy fsr. please pm or reply if you'd care to let a PA newbie join you for a ride thanks

Regards,
    JB