banned
    Apr 2009

Lancaster/York trails

Can anyone give me a review of these trails-Lake Redman-Lake Williams(across the street from each other I hear in York). Lake Redman review is from 7 years ago on MTBR and there is no review on Lake Williams. Looking for a less rocky (Rocky Ridge) singletrack in York/Lancaster Area.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Lake Redman is probably your best bet then.

Camp Mack is less rocky than Mt. Gretna as Gretna is probably the worst (or best) in the area for technical rock stuff.

Mack offers a ton of trails, fire roads, single track, etc, but you have to register to ride if I remember correctly.

Redman is huge, don't require any forms to be filled, and is less Rocky than the previously mentioned places...so I'd go there.

As far as trails to ride, I couldn't tell you because I haven't ridden at Redman in two years and when I did I was in a group.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Redman is mostly smooth singletrack(some trails have some roots,rocks but not typical PA trails),with some challenging climbs and I would recommend it to a beginner. It is closed when the trails are wet. Check out this site for more info http://yamba.org/

banned
    Apr 2009
    Thanks, cant wait to try Redman... ALSO do they hunt there??

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Yes, hunting is allowed there! Although I have never came across anyone actually hunting, signs are posted that it is allowed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 247
    Thanks, cant wait to try Redman... ALSO do they hunt there??
    York County parks are closed to the general public and only open for hunting on Dec 1st-2nd and Dec 7-8. All other times bow hunting is allowed, and the park is open to the general public. The most popular spots for hunting at The Lakes are in the areas of trail 1 and at the top of trail 2. Still it is rare to come across a hunter.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s