banned
    Apr 2009

Lancaster County Singletrack!

Killed it on my 29er! Tomorrow, Rocky Ridge...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    29er's are The Truth, they change your life...
    Last edited by 247; 05-16-2012 at 07:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Looks like some great riding wherever this is. Love the pictures!!! A bunch of us are heading to Mt. Gretna tomorrow morning! Awesome riding days!

Blue Pig
    I should take a visit to Lancaster.
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

banned
    Apr 2009
    A bunch of us are heading to Mt. Gretna tomorrow morning!
    Would love to see some pics(and know how's the riding?). I am trying to go everywhere in Pa. that I can make it to...

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Nice pics

dtheo
    Sep 2005
    I'm always looking for new trails - where is this?

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dtheo
    I'm always looking for new trails - where is this?
    Lancaster County Park

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Wow, I was just there for the first time this past Saturday. My family went to the outlets there in Lancaster and after that we punched in park on the Garmin. We found this park and went. My kids played at the first playground there and after a while we ventured further to the second playground. As soon as we got over there I noticed a trail and my daughter and I started walking it without any expectations. I soon realized that there were some awesome looking trails there. We didn't go very far but from what I already seen, I was very excited. We were heading back when I seen another fellow mountain biker which confirmed that people were riding there. I stopped him and he gave me a map and told me that there was probably around 12 miles of trail if you hook up with trails and roads!!!

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkerkonadawgdeluxepaul
    Wow, I was just there for the first time this past Saturday. My family went to the outlets there in Lancaster and after that we punched in park on the Garmin. We found this park and went. My kids played at the first playground there and after a while we ventured further to the second playground. As soon as we got over there I noticed a trail and my daughter and I started walking it without any expectations. I soon realized that there were some awesome looking trails there. We didn't go very far but from what I already seen, I was very excited. We were heading back when I seen another fellow mountain biker which confirmed that people were riding there. I stopped him and he gave me a map and told me that there was probably around 12 miles of trail if you hook up with trails and roads!!!
    Yeah, there are some great trails there, not many, but the quality is pretty good. Just tuff to navigate the park untill you get to know the place. All the trails are spread out, and you have to ride part of the road to get from one area to another. There are some drops and such here and there if you know where to look... I'm always down to give a tour...

banned
    Apr 2009
    I'm posting more pics of Central Park in Lancaster under Wednesday's daily double..
    there again today, found new trails again--I think I have found them all now. Park at the Ranger's station(your car should be safe there)--just watch out for Pit Bulls(people's pets)------one chased me today for a bit(think he wanted to play)--and eventually he listened to his owner and went back--. There are next-to-no biker's here(The Wiss in Philly has 100's).. It keeps the legs warm during the week.....

One Good/Bad thing is that these trails are not maintained, so after a rain it gets pretty technical. ALSO, always look down to see what your riding over, one trail has a PPL/Gas line attatchment in the middle if the road(it's like an immovable rock), and alot of the wood planks have the 'rail road nails' sticking up a few inches in them--look around, glass bottles, etc.. on trails.. You don't wanna go too fast until you know where a few 'sticking points' are... Lancaster has NO trail advocacy group maintaining local trails.. AND some of the hickers/ traveler through's leave gifts behind on these trails!!!--you dont want to ride(Or Slip) over them and crash!!

Read these 2 reviews, and they were a 'few years ago'----It missed all the small kids who can't control their Big dog's!!--So be careful..

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...3_4573crx.aspx

There's at least 10 miles of trails here, and double that with roads/ fireroads/back country roads to ride, BUT great place to ride!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This trail would be GREAT for a Rigid Singlespeed
    Last edited by 247; 03-25-2010 at 09:59 PM.

banned
    Apr 2009
    Todd@GretnaBikes----

I have to give you a footnote for my review of this trail....