Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lancaster Area

963 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  punk 
#1 ·
I'm here at Millersville University looking for xc trails (hardcore single track :cool: hopefully) in the Lancaster area. Any suggestions? Being from Scranton, I don't know this area very well.

#2 ·
There's a bunch of stuff in York. Check out the York Area Mountain Bike Association website: http://www.yamba.org/.

Good riding at Rocky Ridge Park which is about 1/2 hr from you just off Rt. 30. There are some trails at Chickies Rock just N. of Columbia but I don't know anything about them.

#3 ·
local rides

pots said:
I'm here at Millersville University looking for xc trails (hardcore single track :cool: hopefully) in the Lancaster area. Any suggestions? Being from Scranton, I don't know this area very well.
Camp Mack has great singletrack. Camp Mack is a local Boy Scout camp located on rt 501 just north of the rt 322 intersection. Turn left into the camp and off to the left after about 200ft is a shed type building with a sign in area, and a map. Take the Horseshoe trail, you would like it.

Mnt. Gretna is also good. Off rt 72 in Mount Gretna up Pinch road.

#4 ·
Stop in and talk to Mike at Green Mountain Cyclery in Ephrata. He can tell you where to go and hook you up with maps (important if you're not from the area). The afore mentioned Camp Mack/Brickerville and Mount Gretna areas will certainly fulfill your quest for hardcore singletrack.

You may also want to check out Spinners www.spinnerspa.com since those guys actually ride. They usually hit Gretna on Sundays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.