Thread: Lakeville, PA?

just have fun!

Lakeville, PA?

Howdy all;

I'll be honeymooning for a weekend in mid-August at the Caesar's Pocono resort in Lakeville (Cove Haven). Is there any good riding to be had close by? I noticed that Prompton Park is rather close, but I don't know what it's like. My fiancee likes to mountain bike but doesn't like really technical stuff. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    desurfer:

Prompton is rather difficult for the beginner. Since the trail circles the lake you would have to do a linear ride out and back, or do one side, because to do the whole trail involves some commitment on the part of the rider. I don't know you or your wifes riding abilities so all I can tell you is about the trails. Prompton is one of the best trails around though!

You might check out Gouldsburo or Tobyhanna State Parks. There is also a rail/trail near Camelback ski area and Big Pocono State park. The Crossings Mall is right there so you might be spending time and money there when the wife spots the shopping center! LOL!

Do a search for Pa DCNR and look on the site for State Parks

Congradulations and Happy Motoring!
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

cmh
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Lakeville is in the same general area as Moscow -- discussed in this thread:

New(ish) to NE PA

Proformance - thanks for the info! I'll have to check those out next time we're up there.