mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Lake Nockamixon in Qtown, PA

Has anyone done the trail that starts at the waterfall? My fiance and I started to last night but not knowing the trail and it getting late we didn't want to go to far into it. Besides a few obstacles that were blocking it there seems to be quite a decent trail there.

I see posts about Lake Nockamixon but not exactly what I'm referring to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i pretty sure your not aloud to ride there

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I didn't think there was really such a thing as legal off road biking. Even the canal up in weissport that I love to ride has off road trails but probably states to stay on the trail.

There is the standard bike trail that actually looks like it'd be pretty cool for racing with all the curves.
    Last edited by asfixiate; 07-29-2008 at 10:28 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    [QUOTE=asfixiate]I didn't think there was really such a thing as legal off road biking. Even the canal up in weissport that I love to ride has off road trails but probably states to stay on the trail.QUOTE]

and then

Near Quakertown you have Salisbury, Bear Creek, South Mountain, Jacobsburg, Tons in Jim Thorpe, Wissahickon, Green Lane... All Legal.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    You may be able to split hairs about legal vs illegal trails, but the one at Nockamixon are closed and they WILL fine you for riding them. Your choice at that point. As sdarnall indicated, there is WAY to much other great riding in the area to focus on trails that are not open or maintained for riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for the info. Are those trails that you'd be fined on with a bike at least open to walk on? There's no postings anywhere.

I'm in Northeast Philly area and am looking for close places.
    Last edited by asfixiate; 07-31-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    As far as I know, you can walk any trail at the lake without issue.

In the northeast, you have plenty of stuff way closer than nockamixon. Check Pennypack Park or the Wissahickon. Ralph Stover, not that far from nockamixon, is also fun, although the loop there is short.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Lake Lenape isn't too far from there isn't it? It's been years but there was fun short and fast single there. Sellersville/Perkasie

I used to fish at the dam below Noxi and got busted a couple of times at the spillway. Those rangers don't mess around.