Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jim Thorpe trip pics

976 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TT. 
#1 · (Edited)
both Tammy and I had a wicked time riding some of the trails in the area... just not enough time or knowledge of the area to hit more of them :(

here are a few money shots of that area

on top of the south ridge :D

this one was fun

riding some rock garden :D

JT... we'll be back next season :D :cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
TT. said:
both Tammy and I had a wicked time riding some of the trails in the area... just not enough time or knowledge of the area to hit more of them :(

JT... we'll be back next season :D :cool:
Nice pics. They look familiar: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=26550

Your post freaked me out. My wifes name is Tammy. I was like, WTF when did I make this post. We weren't in JT this weekend.

Oh, you may want to consider shrinking the size of your pics. They are rather large. I had trouble downloading them with a high speed connection. People with dial-up will need to be patient.

#4 ·
toe-knee said:
Great shots,what are the names of the trails you did and how would you rate them.
I believe that's the switchback trail in the pics. On a technical rating it's maybe a 2. Last time I was there I saw a grandmother and a 10yro on a BMX. Unless you finish it with the wagon road back down into JT, then it's 8-9. It's a hella rocky steep downhill and almost mandatory FS. On a visual rating it's probably a 8-9. There are some great lookouts.

There's been alot of talk on here that most trails are closed around J.T. :(
Most of the trails are not closed. Only the ones located on the Broad Mountain in the state game lands. The broad mountain loop (double track fire road) is open, but all the single track (some of the best riding there) is closed. There is still plenty of good riding though.

#6 ·
I'll work on the size of the pics tomorrow.. sorry :(

as for the names of trails.. I'm cluless.. a guy at BlueMountain shop told me where to go and which trails cut off where....

As far as a technical trail rating... I haven't seen anything above 5 in that area :( .. yea, the downhill section was fun on a hardtail, but I guess I need a guide to show me the good stuff :cool:

Afterall I like the area a lot... it felt good to take a nice, long epic ride with breathtaking views ;) and leave the big bike behind :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.