mtbr member

Jim Thorpe trail conditions

Some people have been wondering about the state of the trails in JT. Happily almost all of the snow has melted and the trails are generally clear and dry. The lower section of Switchback between Flagstaff Road and the lake still has some snow and runoff but is rideable. All of Pisgah seems to be in good shape, not sure about Broad Mt. yet, it might be a little wet still. Unlike past years there do not seem to be many blown down trees and branches, please clear them if you can. Come on up and ride!

BTW, I rode my new SS/1X9 29'er from South Mt. Cycles for the first time yesterday, and WOW! Soon all of my 26" bikes will be rusting or for sale.
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Lath- what did you end up getting?

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

[SIZE="3"]Lath:

I just got a 29er also. Man it rolls over everything in its path!

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member

Kona Kula 2-9 with tasty bits

Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    Lath- what did you end up getting?
    Kona Scandium frame, Maverick SC-32 fork, Stans/Am. Classic wheels, Marta SL brakes (with alum. discs for racing), Sram XO/X9 and Truvativ 1x9 setup, Easton and Thompson bits.

I rode it SS style on Pisgah ridge the other night, cleaned the rocky climb to the graveyard, rode the rocky ridge sections with ease, came down Lung Buster faster then ever. I would say that with tubeless Maxxis tires it rides smoother then my 100mm Racer-X! The fork is amazingly stiff too. The wheels are the biggest thing, lighter then my King/Mavic 26" wheels. This bike gets going and keeps going.

I'm headed to Belmont tonight to see how it does on the really twisty stuff. So far riding it feels so effortless, I'm tempted to keep it SS.....

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    I rode The Broad Mt today. I did the upper and back side of the of the loop then up the power line back to the upper part of the loop. The trail conditions were good. Only a few puddles and all of them were avoidable. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sweet- you picked up that 19-inch frame....you dog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thorpe Trails
    BTW, I rode my new SS/1X9 29'er from South Mt. Cycles for the first time yesterday, and WOW! Soon all of my 26" bikes will be rusting or for sale.
    Lath,

Ha! I forget why didn't you ever try riding my 29er last year? You could've made the switch way sooner!
    We were just talking about rocky trails today and I couldn't not bring up some of the trails you took me on!

Hope to see you and ride with you up there soon.

Dmitri
    I Crash Therefor I Am!!![SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dzm3
    Lath,

Ha! I forget why didn't you ever try riding my 29er last year? You could've made the switch way sooner!
    We were just talking about rocky trails today and I couldn't not bring up some of the trails you took me on!

Hope to see you and ride with you up there soon.

Dmitri
    Oh, I knew! Just couldn't afford it!

mtbr member

Update- Broad Mt.

The fireroads on Broad Mountain are clear and dry but Uranium Road and much of Deerpath 2 is standing water. Not sure about Am. Standard. Please do not hike on these trails for another week or two to allow them to dry.

I noticed that the hikers left more marks on the trails then the bikers

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'll be in Stroudsburg, PA on Friday and would love to get out on the Jim Thorpe Trails. Any one riding on Friday during the day? I'd be up for just about any of the rides.

If I get out of work early enough I will go for a ride, but I won't know until Thursday