^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Jim Thorpe time to stir the Pot again

[SIZE="2"]To all:

Let's stir the s@@t again at Thrope!

What can we do to get a Mt. Bike weekend there in any form?

Can we get all or local clubs to camp at the campground some weekend this summer?

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Any time after the weekend of July 14th and I will be there!!! As far as the camping, I know there are a lot of hard feeling with the county park. But there is the family owned campground right down the rode, and I believe they ever allow beer!!

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    I'm in!

- Chris

those are Rollercams...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewS
    But there is the family owned campground right down the rode, and I believe they ever allow beer!!

I have a camper on a permanent site at the Jim Thorpe Camping Resort www.jimthorpecamping.com Great campground,, very laid back atmosphere and yes, they do allow beer, just not kegged. I'm there most weekends and whenever I can steal time during the week. If there's some interest, I can talk to the owner and see if he'd be amenable to a large gathering.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I was thinking about this a little more today. A big part of the weekend was the all you can eat breakfast at the church in Summit Hill. It happens the 3rd sunday of every month. If we can include that, the available dates would be the weekend of July 20th, of the weekend August 17th.

Just some food for thought!

W.M.A.
    fwiw...

There are no MASS races scheduled for July 20th weekend. Saturday, August 18 is the Rocktober Challenge Marathon in Mifflinburg, PA.

mtbr member

that would be great:)

My friends and I were just talking about how much we miss MT BIKE weekend. We had attended over 10 years. It would be awesome to get it back in some form agan.

Uphill hater

Hmmm, could be nice...

I could use a good weekend up there. Various rides for different levels. Could be very fun. Considering...
    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

My blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    If you want it to be the same weekend as a church breakfast, that would be August. July is one of the two months they don't have it.

mtbr member

Last years fallen rider fund ride..

was a good time, I was hoping that it would become an annual event but didn't see or hear anything about it this year???
    without hops the world stops

Uphill hater
    Let's pick a date in August or September and just do it. Some of the local clubs should be falling all over this.
    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

My blog

mtbr member

it could be....if someone wants to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbike
    was a good time, I was hoping that it would become an annual event but didn't see or hear anything about it this year???
    My wife pretty much put that whole thing together last year, and yes it was fun. But, she's now racing internationally fulltime which doesn't leave time for putting something like that together again. If anyone is interested we would be happy to pass on our contacts and make some introductions. If not, maybe next year we'll be able to bring it back.
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/