mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Jim Thorpe and my Dead show

Figured I'd post to get word out to any interested and get some riding info. My band, Dead On Live Dead On Live is playing Mauch Chunk Opera House Saturday 6/29. We're staying overnight near Blakeslee and hoping to ride next day. Heard Jim Thorpe has some great stuff. I do H2H and Mass series 50+ CAT 1 but looking to do a nice mellow day after show ride on some new trails.

Thanks for any info and check out the site and tell a friend. Thanks
    www.facebook.com/deadonlive

mtbr member

If you're looking for someone to ride with i might be able to show you around. I'm also planning on trying to make it to the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    thats a match made in heaven..
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mmuller View Post
    Figured I'd post to get word out to any interested and get some riding info. My band, Dead On Live Dead On Live is playing Mauch Chunk Opera House Saturday 6/29. We're staying overnight near Blakeslee and hoping to ride next day. Heard Jim Thorpe has some great stuff. I do H2H and Mass series 50+ CAT 1 but looking to do a nice mellow day after show ride on some new trails.

Thanks for any info and check out the site and tell a friend. Thanks
    www.facebook.com/deadonlive
    Nice,you guys ever play closer to philadelphia? I love the dead and play bass in a band that does a lot of dead tunes, much less polished than what you are doing my thing is just for fun. One of our guitar players rides too. It would be great to meet up for a ride and go to one of your gigs if you're ever in the Philly/west chester/downingtown area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Playing Sellersville 9/21 with a best of 70-75 show. Events, Dead On Live - Grateful Dead Tribute Sellersville Theater Not sure I'll have bike for that one though. Sellersville is always a fun one. Say hi if you make it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Show coming up this Saturday. Dead On Live and we're doing a "Jerry" specific show with some from Old and in the Way, Garcia solo records, Saunders Keystone stuff, Dylan as well as a bunch of Dead favs like Dire Wolf, Stella Blue, Friend of the Devil. All instruments used on the records used in our show. Plenty of jamming too.

Bringing bike and looking for some good stuff on Sunday. Just washed mud off from yesterday's race at Lewis Morris in NJ and ready to check some nice PA stuff out.

thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hmmm, coming out tomorrow for show. Bunch of rain here in Jersey. Did you guys get all this and how does the area drain? Maybe I should bring a road bike. Thanks for info.

mtbr member

Most trails drain well. What are you planning on riding?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Think I'm just going to bring mtn bike and put wheels down where ever and whenever I get the chance. Staying in Tobyhana and really haven't been able to find any riding around there, though I'm sure there's tons if you know. Thanks for info and anyone at the gig please shout out.

mtbr member

If you're staying in tobyhanna, big pocono state park and camelback are about a 20 minute drive. The loft http://www.loftsports.com/bike.html can help you out as well. I'm more familiar with the JT area trails.