all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

Jim Thorpe legend's demon spawn

years and years ago I rode a bit with Galen van dyne (sorry if spelling is wrong. Hi Galen) in Jim Thorpe. One of the locale's original pathfinders, used to ride in jeans a lot because of the oak brush.
    So Saturday here in Durango, New Belgium brewery had their annual bike and beer fest with their tap truck. Big cruiser ride, like 100 or so riders, most in costumes. Rode a fixed gear. Got to talking to a guy on a chrome vintage Ross, trying to help him date it by the lack of Jim Redcay designed gussets, etc., turns out he's Galen's 21 year old son, moved here a year ago. I remember Galen riding around with hiis son sitting on the top tube, couple years old at most. Cool to see the enthusiasm passed to the next generation. I am old....
    Hey Galen I told yer son to say howdy for me, he'll ID me for ya.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    years and years ago I rode a bit with Galen van dyne (sorry if spelling is wrong. Hi Galen) in Jim Thorpe. One of the locale's original pathfinders, used to ride in jeans a lot because of the oak brush.
    So Saturday here in Durango, New Belgium brewery had their annual bike and beer fest with their tap truck. Big cruiser ride, like 100 or so riders, most in costumes. Rode a fixed gear. Got to talking to a guy on a chrome vintage Ross, trying to help him date it by the lack of Jim Redcay designed gussets, etc., turns out he's Galen's 21 year old son, moved here a year ago. I remember Galen riding around with hiis son sitting on the top tube, couple years old at most. Cool to see the enthusiasm passed to the next generation. I am old....
    Hey Galen I told yer son to say howdy for me, he'll ID me for ya.
    More on the Van Dines here, bulC:

http://bikevmb.com/VMB/html/modules....iewtopic&t=107
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    from our bikevmb.com website.

Note: i was in thorpe and saw the father roll up in an old caddy with the same pair of jeans. You would never know we built many of the trails up there along with enduro riders and laid off mtn bikers.

from jay dejesus
    Just got word that Jim Thorpe homeboy CVD is one of only two American DHrs left from the US team that are competing in the UCI World Championships in Les Gets, France. Everyone else is hurt from the week's practice sessions on the wicked course. VD and David K from the Intense team are the only guys representing us that are uninjured (and thusly able to ride), and tomorrow the DH finals are run (Saturday 9/11). Lets all hope he can rise above and have his best race day ever.

I'll try to update the outcome for y'all, and try to get an email from him this weekend.

Check out the "Local Boy Goes Global" thread for his story, etc. And send some luck his way...