mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Jim Thorpe Area-looking for property

I live in Baltimore and have 2 kids. I am looking for a retreat type place in or around Jim Thorpe to do some mt biking, rafting, skiing etc.. I would be interested in a piece of land that I could build a small cottage/camp on or a property that already has a dwelling. Ideally it would be within riding distance to trails. If anybody lives in the Jim Thorpe area I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me so that I could ask you some questions about the area. I would be willing to offer some kind of finders fee ($100-$300 depending on level of help) if I find something that I buy. My modest budget is in the $100,000 range.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey I live about 1 1/2 hrs-2 hrs from the area... if you need some help i can get some info on places around there for ya. 100,000 in this area will buy you quite a nice "cottage". PM me or e-mail me if you need some help and any other info that you'd feel necessary in the hunt

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I have a nice retreat

Quote Originally Posted by -dude-
    I live in Baltimore and have 2 kids. I am looking for a retreat type place in or around Jim Thorpe to do some mt biking, rafting, skiing etc.. I would be interested in a piece of land that I could build a small cottage/camp on or a property that already has a dwelling. Ideally it would be within riding distance to trails. If anybody lives in the Jim Thorpe area I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me so that I could ask you some questions about the area. I would be willing to offer some kind of finders fee ($100-$300 depending on level of help) if I find something that I buy. My modest budget is in the $100,000 range.
    In the concrete mecca of Bethlehem PA, don't forget to clean when you leave.............

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thier are several nice developments that are 15 miles north of Jim Thorpe, one is Indian Mt. Lakes, another is Towamensing Trails. If you go on any Pocono Reality web site you should be able to access the Pocono Multi-list and search for yourself. One of the easiest ways is to find a buyers agent in the Jim Thorpe School district, they would know the area and it free. A buyers agent would really help if you are looking for something closer to town. I share a small cabin at Indian Mt., nice and quiet, 40% of the places are occupied only on weekends.