Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jim Thorpe

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jim Thorpe Trails 
#1 ·
If you only have a weekend to spend what trials do you recommend? What camp sites are the best / most affordable?

#3 ·
DaveGT101 said:
If you only have a weekend to spend what trials do you recommend? What camp sites are the best / most affordable?
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=197976

To be honest, I recommend hooking up w. a local and having them show you the goods. Given the nature of things today in JT, it's the only way.

Sure - back in the day - it was easy: Hit American Standard, Deer Path, Bob's Option etc. Betty, too. You can probably still do Twin Peaks...maybe? But, like I said, ask a local. I get the feeling that there's quite a bit of new stuff to be savored, IF you ask nice and private-like. JTTC might be able to help.

#4 ·
depends on what you are after...

If you are looking for technical singletrack then yes, local knowledge is key, if you are looking for more of an endurance ride then Twin Peaks, BM Loop or Coal Cracker are good. There are some new trails but you would need a guide to find them. Depending whether or not it's a race weekend I might be able to go with you, or I might be able to connect you with another local. Mauch Chunk Lake Park is a good place to camp, former home of MBW. Email me at jttrails@hotmail.com for maps of the classic trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.