mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Jacobsburg today, 7/4...next sat 7/15??

So twenty mins into my ride this morning @ 8am i got a punctured tube but irresponsible me wasnt carrying any extra tubes/pumps/patch kits.
    I encounted a group of riders in the main parking lot at about 8:30 that lent me a patch kit, a pump, and tons of useful advice and i was wondering if any of them were on here? If so, thanks alot guys i appreciate it a great deal. It woulda been real easy to tell me to piss off for not being responsible (i'm still new to mtb) but i was instead givin a huge helping hand. Kudos for cool mtbrs, saved my day.

The ground is still real wet at Jacobsburg but we blasted around some sweet single track for awhile (although we did get yelled at passing some rude equestrians, even though we got off our bikes and walked past their horses to not startle them).

Would anyone like to meet up early next saturday to ride at Jacobsburg? I'm a huge noob to the park and am looking for some of the more popular spots for those in the know. Me and my friend were searching around alot but the map didnt offer much assistance. Next saturday July 15th? 9am? It'd be cool to meet some other riders from the area and i really wanna get more out of the park, the short technical single track was awesome but i couldnt find much.

Thoughts/comments?
    -Dan

(yes from now on i will carry a tube/pump/patch kit in my camelback lol)

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    I might be game. My buds and I were planning on doing Blue Marsh this weekend, but that's not going to happen since it got trashed from the rain. If I'm in, I'll drop you a PM or reply back here. I know Jacobsburg well so I could put together a good ride for you...

- Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I love Jacobsburg too. Gonna have to pass on Saturday, too busy. I just wanted to say, there is a big group of us that ride weekly there, Wednesdays. If you are interested, I can tell you who to contact, since lately the weather has been very wet, and there is a possibility of cancellation.

later,

tom

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    What time do you typically ride on Wednesdays?

- Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    6:30PM

tom

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    J-burg will probably still be a sloppy mess by tomorrow night-best to let it dry out a few more days if you can stand it

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    If the weather holds it should be ready to ride on Sat or Sun. I was there to check out the trail condition on Sun. While there were some parts that got hit hard, most of it wasn't too bad. Of course, this can change with this crazy weather lately.

- Chris

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    So anyone up for a ride tomorrow (Sat, July 8) around 9:30-10AM?

- Chris

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    let me talk to my friend, i think i'm down for tommorow...its supposed to be warm today so hopefully much of it will dry up

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    9:30am Saturday? I'm in.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    We had a serious downpour Thursday morning, area might still be a mess.

Careful,

tom