New MTBR member

Jacobsburg for the absolute beginner...

Hi there. My husband is taking me out for my first "real" trail ride this Friday morning at Jacobsburg. Just wondering which trail is best suited to the absolute (still getting back in shape) beginner? He OVERestimates me and tends to think I can do anything he can,......I was hoping for some advice and recommendations from you all.

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You'll be fine at the 'burg- perfect place to get your feet wet. FWIW, I sometimes ride a cyclocross bike there since the trails are plenty smooth for skinny tires and no suspension.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Wednesday night

Saucon Valley Bikes has a really nice ride at 6:30 with a nice social/slow group. Come on over.

New MTBR member

I'd love to.....

Quote Originally Posted by myjas
    Saucon Valley Bikes has a really nice ride at 6:30 with a nice social/slow group. Come on over.
    Myjas, I'd love to join this ride....but that's a rough time for me. I'd have to plan it a bit further in advance so I can get a sitter. How much longer do you think you'll be doing these, with the weather and all?? I'm all for riding in the chilly Fall air we've been having lately. In fact, I think I prefer it.

Michele

Inbred Homebrewer
    Agree w/ Dan. Jacobsburg is a great place to learn. I've taken my 10 y.o. son there, and only a few areas are difficult enough to force him to dismount - but there's enough rocks and roots on some of the trails to keep things interesting and sharpen off-road skills.

In short - any section that forces you off the bike will be fairly short and easy to walk.

Have fun!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson