mtbr member
    Aug 2005

It's time for an adventure, checking out the D & L trail

The D & L trail has caught my eye before, and now it looks like it may exist for the majority of it's range. From my door to my planned visit to my grandparents looks to be 160 miles. I'll skip the likely nonexistent part from Seven Tubs to Mountain Top, which would be out of my way to begin with. Hopefully leaving the trail in Levittown 2/3rds through it's final section. My plan is to leave here Saturday morning.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to break this up. Two days looks possible to me, but if I want to play around on Jim Thorpe trails I'll be in that area about 55 miles in which is a bit of an odd spot. If anyone wants to play around on some trails there on Sunday, I could plan stopping there. Or if there are other ideas of trails to hit along the way I'd be up for ideas.

Water access I am trying to figure out too. I may have to stop early on in Mountain Top to make sure I am filled up for a possible dry stretch. I know there's some at about the 40 mile mark for me between Rockport and Glen Onoko. The southern half I wouldn't worry too much about with how much stuff is along the canal.

If this all works as planned, I'll be wandering around Core Creek and maybe Neshaminy next week. I am going to try and get a decent record of the trail conditions to give people an idea of what it is like. The website for the trail is almost worthless for knowing what exists, and for basic things like water access.

If anyone knows of surprises or nice spots out there give me a yell, otherwise I'll have some fun figuring things out as I go.

mtbr member
    Wow, that's ambitious! Don't forget to take lots of pictures - and I hope you'll do a write-up about the trip as I'm sure it'll be interesting reading.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Chriffer:

Good Luck!

Watch out for HUGE Rocks to ride over...

...no wait you LIKE that stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images