mtbr member
    Apr 2006

It's the best of times and the worst

So I get the call from Big Bang Bikes yesterday that my bike is finally in and will be ready to pick up after work. I rush out of work and get to the shop. There she is my new GF Pirahna. I get fitted and get her home. Now for the sad part...........RAIN. I know we need the rain here in the Burgh but why this weekend. My better half left for NC and all I was going to do these two days was ride, instead, my pretty new bike is stuck in the apartment. Thanks for letting me vent I will be able to ride soon enough

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ride in the rain!! It was raining the day I bought my Trek and even though it was a shiny, brand new bike, I just had to test it out. Figure that down the road i'll be riding through everything anyway. Enjoy the new bike!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i could have road in the rain but didn't want that to be my first experence with mtb. Lucky for me when i got home today the weather was good. I ran inside changed my close and went for my first ride. I LOVED IT!! the bike is great myself on the other hand, I'm out of shape. I road some light trails for about 45 minutes and my legs are still burning.